College Network/Excelsior Class List Help
- 0I am finally taking my courses that i put on hold for so long! I have all these classes I was told i had to take almost 4 yrs ago. ANd life just got in the way. I am looking over everything and its just too much. I have so many courses. Is there any way I can drop some of them? Epatient? If im taking lifespan dev., sociology is mandatory as well? And microbiology, natural science and a&p are required? I just dont see the point of natural science. And i feel like they want me to take these extra classes just so they can take my money. Im so frustrated and confused and dont know where to begin. And when i call college network and excelsior i feel like they just tell me what i want to hear and are leaving out alot of info. This is my list of courses i have to take. Did anyone have to take this many classes? And how did you handle it and manage? And i know it depends or prereqs too but gosh!
Essentials of Nursing Care - Health Safety
Essentials of Nursing Care - Chronicity
Essentials of Nursing - Reproductive Health
Lifespan Developmental Psychology
Transition to RN
Health Differences Life span 1
Health Differences Life span 2
Health Differences Life span 3
Anatomy & Physiology
- 1,259 Visits
- 2Jan 25 by JustBeachyNurseThe degree requirements are clearly listed on the excelsior website. The college network is neither endorsed not affiliated with EC so only go by what an academic advisor (nursing academic advisor if you are enrolled at EC) from Excelsior College advises you. In order to register for CLEP. &ECE you need Excelsiot advisor approval
TCN is only an expensive publisher that creates study guides. They are not a college nor qualified in academic advising
- 0Jan 25 by JustBeachyNurseFrom Excelsior the degree requirements you need math, A&P 1&2, & micro under natural sciences.
- 0Quote from BrillyDEPatient? Is that information literacy? You'll probably have to take math now too
Nooo dont say that! Its suppose to be a preparation for clinical. To help get you prepared. And it has different scenerios in it. Not sure if theres suppose to be an exam on it because theres no practice exam on tcn
- 0Quote from JustBeachyNurseFrom Excelsior the degree requirements you need math, A&P 1&2, & micro under natural sciences.
Thanks for the info I spoke with excelsior this morning. An adviser is suppose to call me monday to help me get a better understanding and the breakdown of my courses
- 0Jan 26 by nkoyonQuote from Pixie.RNI was thinking that the epatient thingy must be the FCCA. Goofy. lol
I actually had to look up FCCA. Didnt know what it was til now. Thank U. I feel like i really should have took my time when signing up w/ tcn so i can get a better understanding of what i needed or went straight thru w/ excelsior
- 2Jan 26 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminIf you log in to the EC website, you can use this worksheet: https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/7...rsing_Cost.pdf
TCN really can't tell you what EC will and won't accept. They can make an educated guess, but at the end of the day, they're not affiliated and they can't guarantee anything.