Can you help me with a child development questionRegister Today!
- by ineverseeu Apr 2, '12(I called EC to ask about this question, but I was told that for a specific question like this, I have to make an appointment with the tutor. Well...since my test is tomorrow, I have no choice but to ask ec practice question online. But I will try to remove this in a week)
Q: what's normal activity for 2 & 1/2 yrs old child?
1- building 9 - 10 cubes
2- jumping using both feet
3- going up the stairs using alternate feet
I chose 3 but the correct answer was 2.
Does anyone know why? I looked up nursing textbooks, websites, and etc. And they all state that jumping using both feet is for 1 1/2 yrs old, and that going up the stairs using alternate feet is for 2 & 1/2 feet.
The web link:
- 695 Views
- Apr 2, '12 by Luv5Catsi found the information in the wong's essentials of pediatric nursing which they used before.
walks up stairs with one hand held
jumps in place with both feet
builds tower of 3 or 4 cubes
jumps with both feet
stands on one foot momentarily
builds tower of 8 cubes
goes up stairs using alternate feet; may still come down using both feet on step
builds tower of 9 or 10 cubes
may try to dance, but balance may not be adequate
hope this helps.
- Apr 2, '12 by ineverseeuso, even that book states that jumping using both feet happens at 1 1/2 years. ...
yeah.... i donno why they say that this happens at 2 1/2 years.
is discrepancy something that I should expect in EC practice test?
- Apr 2, '12 by Luv5CatsThe question is what a 2-1/2 year old can do. No discrepancies. The answer is right.
- Apr 3, '12 by Mimi2BNPI just guessed the answer was 2 just from my own experience. When my child was 2, he wasn't building any towers with 9 or 10 blocks. I believe their attention span is not quite there yet. 2 yr olds are always jumping around all over the place. At least mine did!