Hello dear ladies,
I am so inspired by all of you and am trying to get lined up to get my RN degree thru Excelsior. I am an Lpn and had a few questions?
Do you take the classes/courses in order or don't have to? Are you finishing your general classes first or doing both? Can I get all the classes for the degree thru Excelsior or are there some that we can't get? From reading it seems you can only start classes in March or May (as far as the soonest classes) is that correct?
Thank you for letting me ask some questions. I am trying to get this all seen about so I can start soon. Have a great day!
Feb 29, '12
1. do you take the classes/courses in order or don't have to?
*** no you do not have to take them in oder**
2. are you finishing your general classes first or doing both?
*i started with my nursing classes and when i needed a break from the nrsg ones i'd take a gen ed in between**
3. can i get all the classes for the degree thru excelsior or are there some that we can't get?
**ec will review any transcripts you have and tell you what requirements are left to fulfill the adn program. you have your choice of taking online classes for gen eds, or excelsior college examinations (the nursing theory courses are ece exam, which basically you download the study guide, read the recommeneded textbooks and take an exam in order to "test out" and recieve college credit for those courses.
4. from reading it seems you can only start classes in march or may (as far as the soonest classes) is that correct?
* see above..the online classes start are certain times a year, the ece exams you schedule when you want to take them.
=== you should probably fill out the application and have your transcripts sent over to ec, get your unofficial transcript that shows what classes are needed. some general education requirements you can take through clep, dsst, dantes, local community colleges, and straighterline.com, and info lit at penn foster, for much less than you would pay though ec.