Taking the PLUNGERegister Today!
- by nightingale Aug 30, '02Well.. at long last I am setting up my business. Here is my plan.
Decided on a business name:
Nursing Independent Care and and Education (NICE) This is sorta of an insider joke. Over the years that is often how I am decribed (not beautiful, intelligent, etc... tehehehe)
I have taken a course in CPR Instruction. I will, initially, work under contracts with an independent tax license (self proprietorship at first). I will, hopefully, directly contract with facilities for CPR and educational needs of the facility - depending on what the market in my area needs.
I am taking a course that will help me set up and be successful in establishing my small business. It is through the local community college and is sanctioned by the local Chamber of Commerce. I will receive free follow up and many knowledgable people are available (free and for small consultation fees) on my new advisory board.
This is a culmination of a long standing dream (or maybe mid-life crisis - tehehehehehe).
I encourage you to ask questions, pose ideas, and walk with me in this journey.
- 1,342 Views
- Aug 30, '02 by Love-A-Nursewhat a courageous step to take! i do pray that you encounter the best and the experience bring you joy and that joy will spread throughout.
- Aug 30, '02 by live4todayNightngale.....I wish you all the best with your business. Perhaps I will have a few questions for you down the road. Keep us informed as to your progress, and the type of things your business is offering.
- Aug 30, '02 by microway too cool.........
i have dreamed of doing something like this myself, but am not in the position to do it at this moment in my life.....
i also am a BCLS instructor.......and enjoy that side of it.......
you can do it nightingale, you are my and am sure many inspirations........
will keep watch for you.........
keep on with your dreams.......
mid life crisis....naah!
with midlife, comes the most wisdom......
- Aug 30, '02 by nursemickeHi L,
Happy for you. Like the business name. It sounds like you will do private care as well as teach CPR. You will be a big success!!!! Did you go to Las Vegas?
AnneLast edit by nursemicke on Aug 30, '02
- Aug 31, '02 by nightingaleThank you for the encouragment. I appreciate it very much.
Ann: I did not attend VEgas; long sotry short, the main reason was work was pulling me to my home area and there was not guarantee of hours for me to finance my trip to Vegas.
Yes, I plan to do some sort of Nurse Care; whether it be blood draws etc.. agian depending on the market.
Also, I did not mention, I have found two agnecies who are willing to contract work and pay me as an independent business so I can take advantage of the tax break and take into account my expenses.
- Aug 31, '02 by SharonH, RNBonnie, I am so happy for you and we're rooting for you all the way. Congratulations to you for moving your dream forward and taking control of your life. I love your business name!
- Sep 1, '02 by LoisJean:d oh, bravo for you, nightengale!!
i love the name you have chosen for your enterprise. i love the concept. i am ecstatic for you. thank you so much for taking that plunge. now you make certain you keep us posted--on a regular basis. it is so important that we share our experiences, questions, concerns and successes.
it will be so good to hear more of the same from other nurses...