- by SharonH, RN Feb 11, '02Bonnie and all, I just wanted to let you know of the tiny bit of progress I've made in my "quest".
Obtained liability insurance
Obtained 1 out of 2 professional recommendations
Personal mission and values statement(goals of my practice.
Obtained the going billing rates for which agencies charge around here.
Georgia Nurses' Association, affiliated with the ANA
National Nurses in Business
Business license and EIN number(I've made application)
2nd professional recommendation
Life and Disability insurance
Certification exam in May
Incorporation. It seems that would be the smartest thing to do from what I've read. Unfortunately it's expensive. One attorney quoted me $1500 to do it(which I do NOT have).
Bonnie, I've also decided to get my BCLS instructor certification. I think that would be another avenue to earn money, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I take the class in 2 weeks.
If this whole thing turns out to be a waste of time and I fall flat on my face, at least I can say I tried!
- 1,380 Views
- Feb 12, '02 by TRNWhat type of business are you trying to open?
- Feb 12, '02 by SharonH, RNTRN, I want to work in the hospitals as an independent contractor instead of working per diem or agency. I would also like to have a business teaching CPR as a start. Baby steps.
- Feb 15, '02 by TRNGood for you! Keep us updated please. Maybe it's the wave of the future. I was tlking to a friend whose husband is a doctor and he is an ind. contractor to an ER, although he is with a group. If they can do it, so can we. Good luck.
- Feb 15, '02 by laern98I am glad to see that there is someone else out here just as motivated as I am about becoming an entrepreneur. I am actually in the process of dong the same thing as you... becoming an independent contractor and waiting to take a bcls instructor course so that I can offer CPR INSTRUCTION TO BUSINESS, DAYCARE CENTERS, ETC. If you need any help or wopuld just like someone to talk to about this whole process just email me.
- Feb 18, '02 by SharonH, RNHi laern98, thanks for stopping by. I will be taking you up on that offer you can bet and please let us all know how things are going for you.
- Feb 19, '02 by nightingaleGeez.. I have been "out of the loop"... I had not noticed this post!
You got a contract? That is wonderful! I am no where close to connecting with a hospital to contract with.. I think you have to "bond" first (?). I am very pleased to hear of your success! Congratulations! Are you getting your 1099 monthly? I hear that is a big issue at times in simply getting paid.
I did go to a meeting by a law group about The Entity Structure. Incorp. sounds like the smartest way to go for the long term. They quoted a price for one entity @ $ 1,750.00. This group also had great book references. Email me if you want their name....
I am getting my ANCC paperwork off tomorrow to overnight (yes I will get a tracking number)... and without the Rapid Response Form....
You go girl.... Are you going to the Entrepeneural conference in August.. I would love to go!
The CPR instructor sounds wonderful. When I get over to Cheyenne, I am going to look into that and see the needs. It sounds great!