starting a Home Health Care Agency in Florida
- 0May 8, '13 by loralevanI am in the process to open a Home HC Agency in Florida, and is very overwhelmed all the requirements from the State. I almost done with that, but now I am driving my self crazy with the Policies and Procedures, and all the forms. Is there anybody that can help me about how to do it? The webs than have those for sale are asking for a lot of money, and I don't have it. I am trying to do it by myself. Thank you for any idea...asap.
- 0May 8, '13 by GrnTeaYou might try posting this in the Nurse Entrepreneur forum under Specialties.
I got a lot of great advice for free from the local SCORE group-- that's Service Corps Of Retired Executives. They're businesspeople who like to help new businesses like, well, many of us on AN like to help new nurses. Check them out.
- 0May 13, '13 by NedRNTry driving out of town (to an area you will not be a competitor), and ask local similar businesses if they will sell you P&P copies. Or simply go to work for someone established and, well, borrow. Presumably you have some experience in this area? Any friends in the business?
You can also try and see if the state has copies on file you can copy. They might well have a prototype available.
- 0May 14, '13 by jamescuttI had the same problem writing the policies when I started my home health agency in Jacksonville. I purchased the home health agency policies manual from www.medicalstaffingmanuals.com. All I had to do then was put my company info. I think they can also do it for you. The policies also came handy during my accreditation
- 0May 23, '13 by Nursepreneurhave you tried asking a friendly home health agency that might give some insight?
Are you thinking of a home health agency with general care or niche specific like wound care
Infusions, or hospice? What is your marketing strategy going to be?Last edit by Nursepreneur on May 23, '13 : Reason: forgot info
- 0May 25, '13 by loralevanQuote from jamescuttIn which way the policies manual help you with the accreditation?. I am doing CHAP.I had the same problem writing the policies when I started my home health agency in Jacksonville. I purchased the home health agency policies manual from www.medicalstaffingmanuals.com. All I had to do then was put my company info. I think they can also do it for you. The policies also came handy during my accreditation
How do you know which policies are the ones that you need ? When you purchased the policies, they send you the forms too ( contracts; assessments; admission)? How do the insurances work? I am not taking Medicare/Medicaid patients, at least for now.
I really appreciate any advice. It is very difficult, and expensive.