Private duty homecare or pt advocate?Register Today!
- by nursemicke Feb 21, '02Hi All!
Has anyone started their own private duty or patient advocate business? I am going for it! If anyone has any experience please tell me about it. If you want to know about my experience, email me or leave private message.
Anne RNLast edit by nursemicke on Mar 11, '02
- 3,238 Views
- Feb 21, '02 by nightingaleI have not but it sounds like a good idea. I have actually seen adds on the internet for this sort of thing. Compensation sounds like it would have to be out of pocket? I do not know.
I have recently joined National Nurses Business Assoc. to network with other nurses who have started their own business. I do not know if they have anyone doing that but you could run a search for their website of try a search for keywords. Wish I knew of more nurses in entrepeneural avenues. We are not pioneers just a small percentage.
I hope another poster can give you some more direction. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
- Feb 21, '02 by nursemickeBonnie,
Thank you for responding. I believe there are many others they just have not found this site yet.
If others want help setting up there is a network of entrepreneurs at National Nurses in Business Association, Pat Bemis is President. nnba.net Or email@example.com
It cost to join so I am not ready yet.
Also, www.independentRN.com also has a fee to join.
If you find these sites are worth the money to join, let me know.
- Feb 21, '02 by nightingaleI know you can call Pat and talk with her without having to join. I think she will give you some feedback as to whether it is time or worth it just yet to join. She maintains a dirctory and can tell you what specialty people have and if anyone specifically can help in her association.
- Feb 21, '02 by SharonH, RNPersonally I cannot recommend independent RN. I joined in November and so far nothing worth mentioning. The jury is still out on NNBA.
- Feb 21, '02 by nursemickeThank you Sharon. I will cross independent off my list.
- Feb 26, '02 by TRNI am a member of the NNBA and I have not found the organization to be helpful at all.
- Feb 26, '02 by nightingaleTRN:
What sort of information have you tried to get from them and they were not helpful?
- Mar 2, '02 by dmageeI just laid down the bucks to join the NAIN. I was hoping to be able to share all the knowledge I have obtained about being independent over these past two years with other members. I went to the members forum and someone had a post asking for help with medicaid nursing. That is were I started and replied to offer help. My post was deleted as were any subsiquent post. So much for the free flow of information for members. I still do not have an answer as to why my post are not welcome. I was hoping to help this association grow and work for all of us.