- 0Mar 10 by Glycerine82Hey y'all. I just found this thread by accident, and I am dying to know.....
What is a medical pedicure and where can I get one?
I've had 3 surgeries on my right foot in the last 10 months, and a pedicure would be delightful but I am afraid to go to a salon. (too germ-y)
If anyone knows, I'd love to hear about it! I have a (healed but sore) incision on the bottom of my foot in addition to about 6 others all around and I would loooove some TLC.
I have a frankenfoot now....
- 1Mar 13 by sissiesmamaQuote from TheGoochOh I know it! I saw the segment - made me shudder - I've had quite a few mani/pedis. Not now!!Foot surgery sucks. I've had it on both feet. I hope you find out what it is so you get some relief.
BTW:I wouldn't go to a salon either after watching a segment on them on the ABC news last night. They are VERY unsanitary.
- 0Mar 18 by NC29momQuote from NURSEP225Doesn't necessarily have to be a wound certified nurse....check out wocn credentialing board. A RN with specialized training can be certified in foot and nail care (and perform nail debridement like podiatrists) after taking their exam. CFNC (certified foot & nail care).Medical Pedicure is a wound care nurse is certified as a foot , nails care, she able work along side a podiatrist , its big business but its very rare , need to look into as a business adventure ,
You can pull up nurses in your area who are certified to perform such duties.
- 0Mar 27 by Glycerine82Hmmm. I will look into it. Thanks for the info.
Haven't had good experience with the podiatry field, I see an orthopedic surgeon now who specializes in feet and ankles, I will ask him.
No salons for me, but damn I do miss having pretty toes and smooth feet ;-) Honestly though, I'd settle for pain-free walking any day.
- 0May 2 by Race MomJust know that (independent business) nurses provide for ADL's, not beautification. We have a lot of great products and can take care of difficult feet but you won't be sitting in a high back, heated, massaging chair while your feet soak in warm water as you listen to zen music, haha. BUT, nurses get that you are afraid and in pain