Looking to start manufacturing scrubsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Looking to start manufacturing scrubs in Entrepreneurs in Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Wanting to know if anyone else has attempted this and how it went. Have been planning for about 4...by MedicalStates Jan 30, '11Wanting to know if anyone else has attempted this and how it went. Have been planning for about 4 months so far. Its very involved. Here are my thoughts so far:
* comfort seems to be most important.
* Being made is USA is bigger issue than I expected - I have excellent opportunity to manufacture scrubs in vietnam (my wife is from there) but I really want to give this shot in USA first.
* You need to have a strong online presence...blog/website/social networks.
* depending on fabric/water resistant fabric integrated can get costly.
Looking for those who might have attempted this....thanks Carl
Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jan 30, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re links to off-site blogs
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=529686©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,123 Views
- Feb 3, '11 by ElvishMoved to Entpreneurs in Nursing forum
- Feb 5, '11 by NoimanurseNo experience here, but yes, I would agree with a strong online presence being important. What about a Niche area of scrubs for MEN. Not pink flowery scrubs, but scrubs for MEN. There are various nursing associations you could somehow align yourself with for publicity.
I pretty much guarantee you that if you would specialize in MALE NURSING scrubs you would hit a niche that does not seem to be tapped into and an area that continues to grow. I think even with the male scrubs there seems to be a minimum amount of choice when it comes to surgical scrubs, often ER docs will wear scrubs...I get most of my scrubs made by a personal friend due to lack of choice.
I would also recommend even contacting kingsize direct, they are a men's big and tall online source. I have been on them for sometime to get scrubs with no success. Yes there are big men that are nurses as well!