Looking to start manufacturing scrubsRegister Today!
- by MedicalStates Jan 30, '11Wanting to know if anyone else has attempted this and how it went. Have been planning for about 4 months so far. Its very involved. Here are my thoughts so far:
* comfort seems to be most important.
* Being made is USA is bigger issue than I expected - I have excellent opportunity to manufacture scrubs in vietnam (my wife is from there) but I really want to give this shot in USA first.
* You need to have a strong online presence...blog/website/social networks.
* depending on fabric/water resistant fabric integrated can get costly.
Looking for those who might have attempted this....thanks Carl
Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jan 30, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re links to off-site blogs
- Feb 3, '11 by ElvishMoved to Entpreneurs in Nursing forum
- Feb 5, '11 by NoimanurseNo experience here, but yes, I would agree with a strong online presence being important. What about a Niche area of scrubs for MEN. Not pink flowery scrubs, but scrubs for MEN. There are various nursing associations you could somehow align yourself with for publicity.
I pretty much guarantee you that if you would specialize in MALE NURSING scrubs you would hit a niche that does not seem to be tapped into and an area that continues to grow. I think even with the male scrubs there seems to be a minimum amount of choice when it comes to surgical scrubs, often ER docs will wear scrubs...I get most of my scrubs made by a personal friend due to lack of choice.
I would also recommend even contacting kingsize direct, they are a men's big and tall online source. I have been on them for sometime to get scrubs with no success. Yes there are big men that are nurses as well!