How do I get the first referral to my new homecare agency?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How do I get the first referral to my new homecare agency? in Entrepreneurs in Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I just got the license in mail today for my homecare agency.I have been working in homecare for 4...by karangwa Jan 8I just got the license in mail today for my homecare agency.I have been working in homecare for 4 years as field nurse (never in management). I know for I will be taking strictly private pay for now as I am not yet medicare certified (I applied). I am open to do skilled nursing services,HHA,Homemaking. Any idea on how can I get that first patient? Thanks for your help.
P/S feel free to use my private email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=806977©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,655 Views
- Jan 10 by NedRNAre you still working in homecare? Ask your clients how they found the agency you work for. That is how to make yourself discoverable to new clients.
- Jan 10 by karangwaActually the homecare co.I work for is a sister Co. to the biggest hospital in my state.So all pts discharged and in need of home care are sent to us. So it's a bit different from my start up home care agency. Thanks though for your input.
- Jan 11 by HealthcaresolutionsIf you dont mind me asking, what state are you in? And how long did it take you to get your licence?
- Jan 11 by karangwaMass, 2months and half
- Jan 12 by NedRNIt is hard to compete with horizontal integration from the local monopoly! Are there other home health companies in the area? See what you can learn about how they acquire clients. Google home health "your area" and see if ads pop up. Either way, consider a web page for yourself and using Google AdWords to drive traffic. Then when anyone does the search mentioned above, your name will come up. Get creative. Visit support groups and pass out business cards. Social workers could be a great source of referrals.
- Feb 3 by NurseCutieCongratulations on your new business!
I too have gone into business for myself and know that marketing yourself can be difficult.
I specialize in marketing consultation & copywriting services. I have worked with other fellow nurses venturing in home health. PM me if you would like more info.
- Feb 5 by GrnTeaCall up the local senior centers in all your surrounding towns and ask if you can come and speak to one of their meetings. They're always looking for speakers to present to the Friday Lunch Group, or some such. Bring lots of your cards and brochures.
Ask the local elder law attorneys if you can put brochures in their lobbies or conference rooms. Many have a rack of such services for their clients to browse.
Also try to hook up with the local CMSA chapter (Case Management Society of America). Many CMs do discharge planning in hospitals and may be willing to give you a few referrals. You can do an lunch-and-learn inservice for the discharge planning departments, too. Bring pizza.
- Feb 5 by karangwa
- Feb 7 by GrnTeaQuote from karangwaThe link took me to my own profile page Sent you a PM.
You may not have enough posts to send PMs yet -- I think the minimum is 15 -- so if you can't PM me we'll have to do it here (it's not advisable to give out private email addresses). What do you want to know?