Guess what I did today??Register Today!
- by hoolahan Mar 21, '03I enrolled in manicure school!!! I am joining Lois Jean in the foot care arena. No we are not partners, but LJ is coaching me thru.
I have never done foot care, so I figured a pedicure is pretty close to what I should do, in addition to the assessment skills of the feet. So, for my own peace of mind, and for my own entertainment, I enrolled in beauty school.
When I am done I will only be able to be a manicurist in PA b/c it was the cheapest school. In NJ, the fees were outrageous, and I don't really need to learn how to be a manicurist. The owner of the school did tell me some manicurist are pulling in $1000/wk in PA. I find that hard to believe, but if it is true, I may just leave nursing!!!
I am the oldest student, at 40, all the rest are teeny boppers, except my instructors.
When I am about halfway through, I will finish enrolling in wound care school. I figured by the time the paperwork is done, it would allow me to finish nail school and take my nail boards.
I got a free manicure today too!! (But I tell you, I can do a better job w/o school than this girl did )
WooooHoooo! Who wants a pedicure?? I will need to practice!
- 5,645 Views
- Mar 21, '03 by StargazerOh God, I do! Pick me! I looooove pedicures!
- Mar 21, '03 by FurballWow...$1000/week for buffiing and puffing feet?
Count me in!!! The feet are the most abused body part right? sooooo there's a lot of business out there...Last edit by Furball on Mar 21, '03
- Mar 21, '03 by NurseShell(takes a number and gets in line for pedicures)
Good for you!!
- Mar 21, '03 by zudyHoolahan, there was an article in my local paper about 8 months ago about people going to nail school and hairdressers school as a second career. One of the owners of the school made the comment that nurse that go to her school "Run circles around the younger students because they are accustomned to working so hard." I loved it! Congrats, it sounds like you are going to learn a lot and have fun!
- Mar 21, '03 by zudyHoolahan, there was an article in my local paper about 8 months ago about people going to nail school and hairdressers school as a second career. One of the owners of the school made the comment that nurse that go to her school "Run circles around the younger students because they are accustomned to working so hard." I loved it! Congrats, it sounds like you are going to learn a lot and have fun! I wish you could practice on me!
- Mar 21, '03 by MattiganI am waiting patiently in line for a pedicure. I think you are going to have fun and learning a new business never hurts.
- Mar 21, '03 by howie122832I LOVE a good pedicure...... But, Damn, I HATE touching other peoples feet!! (they gross me out!) I definately admire you for being able to do it!! Have fun with it!
- Mar 21, '03 by RNonsense*waving wildly*
I want one!!!!
I have an LPN friend who did this very thing! She does pedicures part-time now and is making more money than ever before!! I think it's great! Good luck!
- Mar 21, '03 by renerianWow hoolahan that sounds fun! I have never had my nails done!
I don't get out much!