Can Someone Help Me With....Register Today!
- by passionflower Dec 23, '06Starting a website? I am soooo confused with all the info out there. It's not like we as nurses don't have enough to do when starting a business but now to set up a website. When is the best time to do this? My business is still in its beginning stages. However, I would like to start submitting articles just to dip my toe in the water and get my name out there. It seems like everyone who does this has a byline with a web address. Don't want to use my personal e-mail. Should I set up a website or alternate e-mail? Please help!
- Dec 23, '06 by sirIHello, passionflower,
My own personal experience: I set up a website about 8 months after I started my business. It wasn't high on my priority list. I recommend buying your own domain. I did this and it does look very professional. example: my name - at - name of business - dot - com. It shows that I have my own domain and not at the mercy of aol, msn, yahoo, etc. The email is totally separate from my personal email addy.
I have a 'tag line' and break down each one (there are three aspects of the tag line) with a personal touch about the business.
I've since added extra pages and links as well as uploaded example case studies for review by my clients.
Every week, month, and/or prn, I'll check the "hits" on the site. I have it broken down to see which page is most viewed, time of day viewed, etc.
Hope this helps and if you need to speak privately, please send a private message.Last edit by sirI on Dec 23, '06
- Dec 24, '06 by passionflowerThank you for the info. I truly appreciate it! It sounds very professional and very nice, but I wonder about the cost to set it up. It seems as if having a website is a necessity now and I admit whenever I hear someone say they have a business, but no web address I question their commitment. Also, as a consumer I feel businesses with websites are "real" and I am more apt to visit their sites for further info. I just hope I can set this up without breaking the bank. I am going to start researching domain names. Thanks.
- Dec 24, '06 by sirIActually, the intitial set-up fees are not steep, at least I didn't think so. This included custom template, artwork, flash navagation, modified logo, and weblinks.
Initial fees: approx. $900.00
I'm certain there are others that are less expensive, but just be careful. Shop around. Others are more expensive. But, mine looks professional, clean, not cluttered, and brings in business.
Well worth the expense.
- Aug 14, '07 by rdaven1If you go to yahoo you will find that setting up your own web site is very inexpensive. I did it with very little knowledge and very little money. I actually found it was fun.