Business IdeasRegister Today!
- by ScottmRN Feb 28, '04I am a fairly new RN, just completed an accelerated BSN program, my other degree is in health care adminstration. My goal is to eventually operate my own nursing business after I have gained enough experience in the hospital setting.
There are many questions I have, the main one being where to find information
to research healthcare/nursing business, I know the chamber of commerce in my area will have some info, but where are other sources? I am in Kentucky and as of right now there are not very many nursing type busineess. I am interested in researching the requirements, backgrounds, experience of those currently involved in wellness consulting or certified cpr trainers. Basically I am looking at business options that an RN can conduct with minimal red tape, ie. additional licensing, staying away from Medicaid, etc. Glad to hear everyone's input on this. Keep up the good work!:hatparty:
- 5,103 Views
- Feb 28, '04 by nightingaleI do not have any input on ideas that are new. YOu may want to do a search on this BB and see what we have discussed in the past.
I did want to welcome you to the board and look forward to hearing from you on how you are doing.
Anyone with any input?
- Feb 28, '04 by suzanne4A good place to start with would be as a trainer for ACLS/PALS/NRP.
You can try and get contracts with various hospitals in your area to provide the teaching. Also to the fire depts., etc.
Hope that this can give you a few ideas to start with. You will first need to take the Provider course yourself in each of those areas then go onto the next level.
- Apr 1, '04 by nightingaleWow Karen! That is one to bookmark! A wealth of information! Thank you.
- Sep 9, '09 by WRNconsultNRSKarenRN
Great website...thanks for the tip