To any and all footcare nurse business owners - page 6
Hi there, Gosh I am so excited to be done with my footcare course that I attended in San Diego through Shelly Taylor! The course was awesome and I learned alot. Now just passing the test. I have formed my LLC and am thinking of... Read More
- 0Jan 29, '13 by somenursethe last post on this thread is over a month old by now,
but, maybe someone will see this.
In reading this thread,
you are being able to cut toenails on a diabetic, or no? Or, does this vary from one state's BON to another? I always thought cutting a diabetic's toenails was outside scope of RN.
and all your foot care is private pay, is that right? You are not billing to medicaid or insurance, etc?
- 0Jan 29, '13 by somenurseQuote from WoogyRN's are definately allowed to do diabetic foot care! The hospitals just deny us the ability because of the risk associated with it.
As an RN, I am not able to bill medicaid/care or insurance in this state.
so you can actually cut or trim the diabetic's toenails in their homes? I wonder if this might vary from one state BON to another?Last edit by somenurse on Jan 29, '13
- 2Jan 29, '13 by Race MomMost BON's will state that you are remaining in your scope if you have been taught the skill in your nursing program or have received additional training in the area of expertise. Some states require you to have a physicians order to provide the care as an independent care provider. My state does not. I believe RN's are allowed nationwide to provide diabetic foot care but I highly recommend this care is provided by an RN that has had additional training in this area. What state are you in?
- 0Jan 30, '13 by somenurseWOOGY, i SO appreciate your help!!
I am moving to Florida soon, so I guess I am now discussing Florida rules. If i were to just be self-employed, would i require doctor order, if i am NOT billing medicaid or insurance? Do you know? Thanks if you do.
After reading this thread, i am interested in this as an extra way to pay bills!!
- 1Dec 15, '13 by Sea_of_Roseswhat an interesting topic
found this article interesting too