Whats your biggest pet peeve working in the ED? - page 17
by Whts_Ur_Emergency? 63,577 Views | 264 Comments
Id have to say my biggest pet peeve is when someone hands you a medicaid card as they pull it from their Louis Vuitton handbag with bling on their hands after having rolled up to the ER in their Mercedes Benz! After that I'd say... Read More
- 3Jan 13, '13 by Lynn JenkinsQuote from janellybellyReally....that's unlikely due to your blood being drawn. You do not lose enough blood to even touch your blood sugar.I never mentioned anything about needles on my post. This is about sensation. My blood sugar seems to drops everytime I get blood withdrawn, so I pass out. I do not pass out by getting pierced or tattooed. What's so difficult to understand?
- 4Jan 13, '13 by Altra GuideQuote from janellybellyDrop in blood sugar? So, you only regain consciousness after your blood sugar is corrected?I never mentioned anything about needles on my post. This is about sensation. My blood sugar seems to drops everytime I get blood withdrawn, so I pass out. I do not pass out by getting pierced or tattooed. What's so difficult to understand?
You'll learn about vaso-vagal effects in class. Or you can google it.
- 1Jan 13, '13 by N1colinaVasovagal syncope (vay-zo-VAY-gul SING-cuh-pee) is the most common cause of fainting. Vasovagal syncope occurs when your body overreacts to triggers, such as the sight of blood or extreme emotional distress. The trigger results in vasovagal syncope — a brief loss of consciousness caused by a sudden drop in your heart rate and blood pressure, which reduces blood flow to your brain.
- 3Jan 13, '13 by funfunfun550I chart what they say and if it is over 10 I leave it blank and make a comment
THEN I FLAAC score their pain(typically its a 0) and make sure to write a note in the interdisciplinary not as to summarize my findings...very useful if behavioral med gets involved...
- 0Jan 16, '13 by livingthedream77The 10/10 abd pain while playing Solitaire on cell...the woman bringing her kid in for a pillow line on her face, asking for a 3 day excuse from work.....the guy telling you to push the Fentanyl "really fast" because you're not giving him enough...poorly staged 10/10 shoulder pain with a novel of narc fills whose girlfriend screams at him at the door for "not getting the right sh*t"......the cranky old nurse who tells you the registration clerk knows more about triage than you (after she b*tched that I should have taken the earache who arrived 10 minutes before the 4 week old with projectile vomiting)...
- 4Jan 23, '13 by hodgieRNQuote from NurseOnAMotorcycleWhenever I head that from a pt, I would say, "No problem. We will keep you out here in triage until a private room opens up. It might be a couple more hours, but at least you'll have your private room." I turn to another pt..." Hello, Mr johnson, a hallway bed opened up, so I am going to take you back now." Wouldn't you know, the previous pt is suddenly fine with having the next hall bed after seeing the other dude get rolled back before her.I know some places have all private rooms, but I'm tired of hearing "I need a private room."