Mistakes you'll never make, again.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Mistakes you'll never make, again. in Emergency Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I thought a good topic for today would be changes in your practice due to things that have...by Sassy5d Feb 7I thought a good topic for today would be changes in your practice due to things that have happened.
I'll start with my most recent work experience.
I don't care anymore what the pt says, even if they tell me they are currently on their period (unless there's documentation of hysterectomy) every female that comes in is getting a pregnancy test done prior to X-ray.
While it wasn't directly related to me, I did triage on pt and hcg wasn't done prior to X-ray.. Even X-ray people question Pts and they may not be honest.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813978©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,389 Views
- Feb 7 by psu_213Push IV decadron...
- Feb 7 by NurseOnAMotorcycleAbout 4 years ago I put the name of the wrong hospital on a resume. Embarrassing! (Didn't get a call back either, wonder why?)
- Feb 7 by limaRNQuote from Sassy5dWe push iv decadron as long as its done slowly...
I don't like pushing any medications ha!
- Feb 7 by limaRNWe push iv decadron as long as its done slowly...
- Feb 7 by Sassy5dQuote from limaRNYa I'm big at diluting in small ns bag lolWe push iv decadron as long as its done slowly...
- Feb 7 by crazy&cuteRN-Pushed reglan too fast. Pt. had reaction. For now on, I'm pushing ALL IV meds slow, unless I'm in a Code or something.
- Feb 20 by RNFionaWe push IV decadron in ED all the time....
- Feb 20 by RNFionaI RECEIVED IV Reglan too fast. That sucked. My hands got " stuck" . They looked like little claws. Good times.