I think I committed career suicide - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 30, '12 by CP2013Quote from NickiLaughsThe OP has already resigned from the position.I would try to stick it out at least 6 months. Every job takes a minimum of 6 months to get the hang of. If you are still miserable at the 6 month mark, then I'd try transferring to another unit. Maybe Critical Care? It's a high learning curve, but definitely is complex. Good luck in whatever you decide!
- Oct 8, '12 by GleeGumIf it's anything like where I work, it's a tough ER for any new to ER nurses, in fact we can't even keep experienced ones sometimes. Don't let it get you down.
May you have some success and joy in whatever's next for you.
And you sound like someone I've recently worked with. Best of luck to you.
- Oct 17, '12 by NickiLaughsQuote from CP2013Yeah I missed that when I initially posted. Good luck in your next position OP! I think some of us having more trouble finding our niche than others!The OP has already resigned from the position.
- Oct 17, '12 by Du3du3Whats the tele floor???
- Oct 17, '12 by Esme12Quote from Du3du3A telemetry floor in the US is a floor that specializes on monitoring the heart rhythm on patients all on one floor/ward. They are usually mostly ambulatory and less acute they don't require the intensive care.Whats the tele floor???