Have been in the ER for 3 hrs now.... - Page 2Register Today!
- May 1, '12 by AltraExacerbations of chronic pain are typically a 4-5 hour wait to be seen in my ER. Usually no prescriptions, just the notorious "3 to go" ... but if a provider does write a script it will be for a maintenance med, not a new regimen.
- yeah she got a Rx for vicodin which she already has an on going script for, and a muscle relaxer. It was a 6 hour trip. Atleast I spent good quality time with mom! They probably thought we were faking because I had her cracking up the whole time!
- May 1, '12 by Daisy_08I'm sorry but only 6 hours, that's not an exceptionally long wait. Glad your home now and mom is taken care of.
- May 1, '12 by calinurse11If you guys were cracking up, they probably knew she was ok and not actively trying to croak
When my daughter had a febrile seizure, we were given ib profin in triage, and by the time we got a bed she was basically fine, she was singing loudly enough to be heard from outside the curtain. Didnt see a nurse until she came with my discharge papers. The doc said he had been listening in on her singing and figured she was probably ok. I was mad at the time, because she had never had a seizure before and I thought they had to do SOMETHING for her, but luckly she was fine, no IV or anything.
We were also there about 7 hours total. The tech did come in once for vitals, and to give us the remote....or we would have died of boredom Im sure.
So Im with ya, ER visits are sometimes boring, but I would always take my boring visit over being the one getting all the attention from the docs/nurses ect.
- May 1, '12 by That GuyMust keep mouth shut. Must keep mouth shut.......
- May 1, '12 by ~*Stargazer*~Quote from That GuyYou must be as shocked as I am that an ED nurse would ever be rude. Kinda hard to believe, isn't it? What ever is this world coming to?Must keep mouth shut. Must keep mouth shut.......
- Quote from ~*Stargazer*~One was rude ( the one filling in for our nurse), one wasn't.
Are you as shocked as I am that an ED nurse would be rude? What ever is this world coming to?
I get it, it's stressful and we weren't priority, I'm not stupid. we were BORED! And I was making an attempt to entertain myself with chat.
However, Because one has a bad night or patient whatever does that mean you get a pass to be an A$$ to the rest of the people? I kept my mouth shut trust me when I wanted to say excuse me!
- Quote from Daisy_08Ya probably not, but when you're stuck in a room it isI'm sorry but only 6 hours, that's not an exceptionally long wait. Glad your home now and mom is taken care of.
- May 2, '12 by hherrnThank god she wasn't a priority.
- May 2, '12 by Hygiene QueenThis is proof that while we may manage to restrain ourselves in person, the anonymity of the internet makes us feel more free to be snippy.
The OP managed to keep her cool in person, but jumped on a poster here.
It was a bit... rude.