Great moments in bad judgement - Page 8Register Today!
- May 21, '12 by Tess Deco RNA young man drank a few beers and decided to test his new hunting bullet proof vest. Had his buddy shoot him with a hand gun from about 20 ft away. The vest worked ..the bullet was stopped but not before the impact punched a deep, quarter size hole in his sternum.
Our ED doctor removed a garden tool from the rectum of a patient. The ED nurse who assisted, kept the garden tool, cleaned and wrapped it up and gave it to the same ED doctor for his birthday!
Tacky I know, but the look on the Ed doc's face ..priceless!
- May 27, '12 by IEDaveQuote from mcknisForgot the push stick, dinya? DIDN'T YA!...Had another older gentleman who walked into triage with hand pain. Would not divulge when or how the pain began. Upon assesssment he unwraps his hand from a towel and is missing 4 fingertips from a table saw accident...
- May 27, '12 by dirtyhippiegirlQuote from mcknisNot ER-ish but two of my three patients a few weeks ago were on our unit for the same reason. Welding torch to a gasoline/kerosene tank.1 kid + butane torch + gasoline tank = 1 bad trip to a childrens hospital burn unit
JUST SAYIN'. Another, much more seasoned nurse, explained that this is one way to create a home-made meat smoker.
Not human meat, obviously.
- Jul 24, '12 by acuariaRNQuote from rgroyer1RNBSNI cannot. Stop. LAUGHING!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!Haaaaaahaaa! I had an x-ray tech roll a portable, broke my big right toe, ed docs thought this was hilarious and wanted to resus. my toe and defib it, then they had the same tech with same portable xray my foot, as they all thought this was hilarious since I was the charge nurse, I still give those same docs hell.
- Aug 30, '12 by uRNmywayLady wanted to save some money on breast implant surgery. Decided to get this surgery in South America somewhere, and from the look of her breasts in OUR hospital, I think the surgeon who performed said surgery got his MD licence in a Cracker Jack box. SMH...
- Aug 30, '12 by sserrnCouple months ago, had a 60-some-odd female pt come in c/o she thought she was pregnant and going into labor. Triage nurse said, when was your last period? She replied, oh, about 20 years ago. Nurse says, well, what stopped your period 20 years ago? Pt replies, a hysterectomy...
- Sep 1, '12 by 7feetunderthere's one case,transfered to our center.male 19 years old.work part time at brick-factory.
hx:he accidently put his hand inside the "things'(well,i don't know) but makes his hand so badly and sadly injured because
the impact of the things.
came with multiple # on his rt.hand ,where on x-ray (the bones are everywhere) and it is almost a miracle to save his hand..
but,i am so dissapointed that this guy have to wait 5 hours to b transferred to our center and his hand already bluish..
but still i'm shock that this young guy so calm..-all his friend and girlfriend crying when our orthopedic surgeon explain the problem n risk..
before his friend and girlfriend come,this young gentlemen spoke to me almost whisper "Don't let my friend see my hand,otherwise they don't eat their dinner tonight"
oh..my...He is thinking about his friend appetite...please,your hand is more urgent !!
- Sep 2, '12 by JBuddGuy got mugged at a rest stop outside of town, keeps worrying about his 10K rolex. Wife and daughter come in, no questions about the fact he got hit over the head, all they want to know about is the Rolex. Um, you mean the one still on his wrist?
- Sep 2, '12 by AngelfireRNQuote from JBuddSMH...Oh, me.Guy got mugged at a rest stop outside of town, keeps worrying about his 10K rolex. Wife and daughter come in, no questions about the fact he got hit over the head, all they want to know about is the Rolex. Um, you mean the one still on his wrist?