Give it to me straightRegister Today!
- by itsnowornever Feb 20Ill be honest, L&D had a glimmer of interest with me, but nothing can hold a candle to the elusive ED. I did my preceptorship in an ED and each day I had this feeling of "home" rush over me as I walked through the doors. However, in this economy we take what we can get, and I got L&D. I like my job. I don't hate it. It's "ok". Just not "home"....but tell me the truth...that magical "first year" in L&D won't get me into the ED, will it? I can sell myself in an interview, I am relatively smart, I have ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP and am taking ENPC in a few weeks. I am doing whatever I can to get into the ED, I'm just afraid that L&D won't get me there. I'm more than willing to go into Med/Surg for a year after this one....but I want to get back to my "home" feeling when I go to work and I just don't have that in this unit.
Posting from my phone, pease forgive my fat thumbs!
- Feb 21 by AltraAs long as the ED you're interested in doesn't have a policy/practice of hiring only those with prior pre-hospital or ED experience, you should be a competitive candidate when the time is right.
Good luck to you!
- Feb 21 by NurseOnAMotorcycleYou are wrong. Just have to say it.
A lot of women come in with pregnancy complications or are miscarrying. If you can be there with the experience to care for these ladies and their families in what is obviously a touchy situation, then you would be a major asset to the group as a whole. There are plenty of trauma junkies, but you can also never have enough peds, psych, OB/GYN, OR, or dialysis nurses too!
You wouldn't "get stuck" only caring for those patients, but you would be a major resource for those that do. Go for it. I think you'll be surprised.
- Feb 21 by emtb2rnI really like your feels like "home" comment. Go for it.
- Feb 21 by itsnoworneverThanks for the replies guys. Maybe I'm hormonal but I really was starting to freak out about being "stuck"...just a few more months and I can start applying again. I wanna go home!!!!!
Posting from my phone, ease forgive my fat thumbs!