I'm a new grad and recently landed a job at a Level 1 Trauma ED (I will be in the Adult ER). I start orientation in 2 weeks and would like to start reading ER nursing textbooks. I have already researched this site as well as other sites and have come up with the following books:
1. Sheehy's Emergency Nursing 6th Ed. (2009)
2. Sheehy's Emergency Nursing 5th Ed. (2002)
- I hear there's not much of a difference between the 5th and 6th edition, and since the latter is really expensive and not within my budget, I'm thinking about getting the 5th Ed. Would like any suggestions from someone who already owns BOTH as to what would be the best thing to do....hold out until I can purchase the 6th Ed or just get the 5th? Or, if they're both not your cup of tea, please do tell!
3. Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Critical Care and Emergency Nursing (2009)
4. Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum 6th Ed. (2007)
5. Fast Facts for the ER Nurse: Emergency Room Orientation in a Nutshell (2009)
So to all the ER nurses out there, which one (or two) would you recommend to a new grad RN?
Thanks in advance!