urogynecology nursing? urogynecology nursing? | allnurses

urogynecology nursing?

  1. 0 I am interested in urogynecology nursing--particularly related to pelvic floor therapy, continence, and pelvic floor dysfunction as it relates to incontinence. Any RN's in this field willing to share how they got started?

  2. 2 Comments

  3. Visit  nursejackie86 profile page
    I would think that it would be difficult to find a nursing job specific to the uro-gynecological field, but it probably just depends on where you are. I just started working in a Urology office and we do a lot of urodynamics testing and incontinence consultations for surgery and occasionally if the patient needs a surgery done involving both a gynecologist and a urologist, that surgery can be coordinated together, but it's not too common. I would say you should try to find a job within either Urology or Gynecology and then find out what you need to do to get to where you want to be. Good luck!
  4. Visit  yaprt profile page
    Hi Bassgirl,

    I am very interested how your issue was solved?
    I too am debating about this and any info will be of great assistance.

    Thank you,