Soon to be LVN, interested in dialysisRegister Today!
- by texasjmn Apr 1, '11HI!
I am graduating LVN school in August and am very interested in dialysis nursing. I have been researching Davita.
I am looking for info about this company and the starting salary for an LVN there, but any info at all is appreciated!
- Apr 14, '11 by amazeRNI work for fresenius. In my area only RN''s function as the nurse. LPN/LVN's would work as PCTs w/ the pts. Starting pay I believe is in the $12.80 area...
- Apr 16, '11 by texasjmnQuote from amazeRNI work for fresenius. In my area only RN''s function as the nurse. LPN/LVN's would work as PCTs w/ the pts. Starting pay I believe is in the $12.80 area...
Wow! 12.80? Here, our regular nurse's aids with no certification make right around that! I know aids that make around 15/ hr.
Anyway,thank you for replying. I just love new information! So, do you enjoy dialysis? I work with mostly stroke/cardiac/geriatric patients, and I enjoy that. Once I get my LVN, I would like to experience something new. Everytime I mention dialysis to the nurses i work with, I get told 2 things. Either they think it's a great idea and I would love it, or they think it is depressing!
- Apr 20, '11 by macey'smomI am in houston working as an LVN for Davita at 20 bucks an hour Trust me I started diaysis as a new grad and you will lose about 90 % of your nursing skills Its very physically demanding work and you will either love it or hate it everything you know now will go right ou the window
- Apr 23, '11 by GeauxNursingI'm in Dallas with Davita. I make 20/hour with 5 years dialysis experience as a pct.
- Jul 7, '11 by jessicaa713Hi. Did you ever find a job in dialysis?
- Jul 13, '11 by texasjmnJesscaa713.... i haven't started applying yet! I don't graduate LVN school until August 12th! I plan to start applying for jobs in the next couple of weeks though!