Eligard/Lupron dispensingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Eligard/Lupron dispensing in Dialysis / Renal / Urology, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hi All, I am fairly new to Urology/Prostate Cancer and I am still exploring options to enter...by Richenp Jul 9, '12Hi All,
I am fairly new to Urology/Prostate Cancer and I am still exploring options to enter Urology as a specialty (almost graduated). In the rotations I am going to go to, there is Eligard and Lupron being administered. The Nurse manager mentioned something about an inventory management system being used for these drugs. I didn't understand what she meant. Can someone help me please?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=754839©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 928 Views
- Jul 9, '12 by MulticollinearityI suspect it's something related to inventory tracking because drugs like Lupron are extremely expensive and need to be accounted for carefully. Years ago I was prescribed Lupron injections, and it was $1400 per injection.
- Jul 10, '12 by urologyresearchThere is an inventory management system call Luprolink for Lupron.
There has been a little bit of information that there will be an inventory management system for Eligard like what already exists for Lupron. Have heard there is beta-testing for this. What facility administering Eligard & Lupron is the nurse working in?
- Jul 10, '12 by RichenpThank you both. Greatly appreciate the response. I don't think she mentioned about Eligard, although Lupro-Link does ring a bell.
- Jul 10, '12 by RichenpSo is this Eligard system similar to Lupron system in place? Can you give me more info into the Lupro-link and Eligard system? Thanks much.
- Jul 10, '12 by MulticollinearityThe medications are tagged with RFIDs. More information:
SecuringPharma - RFID in pharma: Abbott and 3M take it beyond the pilot
- Jul 16, '12 by urologyresearchThe article posted is a good description of the Lupron RFID system.
Do you know if the forthcoming Eligard system is also RFID?
Again, haven't been able to get many details about the Eligard system that is supposedly being beta-tested in a few places. WOuld love to know someone who is testing the Eligard system.