Developmental Disabilities study abroad

  1. Hello all,

    I am in my first year of studying Learning Disability (Developmental Disability) in the UK. I have been looking for universities in Europe and the US that offer exchange programmes in this speciality for a year (as I eventually want to work in the US) but I can not find one. All the degree courses that I can find abroad seem to be either general Adult Nursing or Midwifery.
    Can anyone let me know if universities outside of the UK offer a learning disability course as a degree on it's own? And if so, which ones?

  2. Visit frostyrobin profile page

    About frostyrobin

    Joined: Feb '10; Posts: 1


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    I really do think you will have issues in finding something especially with the US as their training is general not specialised like the UK. This will also mean you may have issues once qualified as you will not have enough hours in the areas that are required like Mental health, Obstetrics and general adult to meet US requirements.