Am I worrying over nothing? - page 3
Hi, I'm not sure where most of you stand on the issue of whether or not Direct Care Professionals such as myself, should be allowed to pass Medications out. I am going thru a 4 week course paid for by my employer so that I can... Read More
- 0Apr 24, '07 by snapdragon928[quote=yankeesrule;2026766]
1. REad the Mar remember the rule of TRAMP
2. follow the rule of checking 3 times
Mar to the perscription, the Rx to the bottle and the dr order itself.
3. Alway focus on the task the person meds at that time.
4 NEVER EVER EVER PREPOUR MEDS FOR ANYONE. THAT IS ONLY SETTING YOU UP FOR ERRORS.
5. When administiring the med ALWAYS CHECK THE ID BAND IF THEY HAVE NO ID BAND CHECK WITH A VETERAN STAFF THAT HAS BEEN THERE FOR A LONG TIME. This is great, I loved the remember the rule of tramp, I have never hear that before and I will tell my staff about that. It makes it much easier to remember the five R's. Our nurse also adds the right reason. and my boss adds the right to refuse.but what is Mar to the prescription and read the mar. You gave the same med rules we have basically.