Will new job be good experience for ICU wannabe?Register Today!
- by PavementRN Oct 25, '11I am a new grad starting a position on a long-term med tele unit at Gaylord Hospital, an LTAC hospital. Was hoping to get a tele job at an acute care hospital but the job market is so stingy for new grads. Has anybody gone to an icu from an LTACH? Just wondering if this would be decent experience for an RN with ambitions of working in critical care in a year or two.
- Nov 1, '11 by BiffbradfordYou have a job. Be thankful for that and while you're there, get all the experiences that you can while you're there. There's always more than one path from point A to point B.
- Nov 2, '11 by 2bJoshRN9788I too would like to know thisLast edit by 2bJoshRN9788 on Nov 2, '11
- Nov 2, '11 by 2bJoshRN9788Also do acute care hospitals look down upon LTACHs?
- Nov 2, '11 by PavementRNDon't get me wrong, I am very thankful for the job and am enjoying orientation so far. I just am hoping that it will be acceptable experience if I try to get a job in telemetry in the future.