Need ideas to reward nurses that successfully pass their CCRN - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 21, '12 by gardengal1Money. It is the driving force behind most all higher-level certifications. Of course, the recognition should come with it but, if others on their unit know that a raise came with this certification, others will follow suit. The personal satisfaction only goes so far (I have taken specialty certifications and passed) and then, it fades. Money should be contingent upon staying certified (if you want everyone on your unit to be certified and stay that way); reimbursement for books/testing costs should also be reimbursed. The raise should be significant enough - a dollar or two per hour above other staff - which then is the motivating force for the rest of the staff to follow suit. If they let it lapse, this "bonus wage rate for certification" is then removed and that understanding has to be very, very clear - no certification renewal, no more "bonus wage". We got $1.50 an hour more and within 2 years, everyone of our staff members had their specialty certifications which was the goal of our manager.
- Mar 22, '12 by jkeslerSee if you can get a place that does massages and day spa activities to give you coupons. Some of them will do a special giving up to 50% off services. They love to do things like this for first time customers as it generates repeat business.
If you have the budget you can pay the other 50%.
- Mar 22, '12 by NerdyNikkiI'm going for my CCRN. Would love extra money but my hospital doesnt offer it. Also, some recognition like gift card to an spa would be lovely ; )
- Mar 22, '12 by gypsyd8How about paying more?Quote from cjuricek2621Hi all,I am a new nurse educator and I am looking for creative ideas to reward nurses that successfully pass their CCRN! I know its such a huge accomplishment and I want to find a way to encourage my nurses to go for it! I know when I passed mine how proud I was of myself and I think it would have been great for my employer to recognize it in some way. If any of you have creative ideas of something I can do to make each nurse feel special and proud of themselves I would greatly appreciate it!!
- Jun 11, '12 by *LadyNurse*Our facility gives a $1.00/hr raise for CCRN certification, your name on a plaque, reinbursement of the initial exam fee AND pays for the renewal fee. Not a bad deal.
- Jun 12, '12 by Biffbradford$
After 15 years in the game, I know what level I'm operating at and just having another certification doesn't do anything for me anymore. At least help pay for the darn thing.
Gift card to a spa? Make it the hardware store and I'd be happier.