Web site for federal prisons??/ - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 26, '05 by BSNinTXwww.bop.gov is the offical website of the prison.
www.usajobs.opm.gov is the government's job site. Do an advanced search, enter 0610 as the series number, and scroll down in the agency section to Department of Justice. You can even narrow to a geographic area if you would like.
Quote from RobLPNAnyone know the website if one wanted to look at federal prisons jobs?
- Dec 24, '05 by cindyrn1Who do you have to provide the Mental Health services in your prisons? We are privately contracted in the prison that I am with in Missouri. I was just wondering who provided your mental health services and how big that staff is? Do you have an RN that deals with the psychotropic meds and orders etc?
- Dec 29, '05 by BSNinTXWe have 3 clinical psychologists (doctorally prepared) on staff, and a contracted psychiatrist who comes about once per month and available by phone to give orders. Day to day, our physician and the psychologists handle monitoring and such.
Our facility is a 1500 inmate low security institution; some institutions have a larger or small complement of psych staff based on size, security, and need.
We have a lot of people on psych meds, and whoever is doing pill line passes those; we do pill line 4 times per day, with a PA or RN doing it at 6 AM and 8 PM, and pharmacy staff doing it during the midday passes. Again, this varies by institution.
In the federal system, there are several medical facilities, and these handle inmates who need closer psych supervision; at these facilities RNs are specifically hired into psych nursing (versus outpatient and skilled long term care).
Quote from cindyrn1Who do you have to provide the Mental Health services in your prisons? We are privately contracted in the prison that I am with in Missouri. I was just wondering who provided your mental health services and how big that staff is? Do you have an RN that deals with the psychotropic meds and orders etc?
- Sep 25, '09 by Cowboy ThugQuote from BSNinTXHello BSNinTX, I was wondering if you had an information on the SORT team in the BOP. I wanted to know if it was possible for te SORT team to have a nurse on board. It seems like something right up my alley. Thanks. Oh, and Im rarely on this so I didnt know how to message you personally.The website is ww.bop.gov
I am a BOP nurse, and I would be glad to answer any questions I can for you.
- Sep 25, '09 by wtxcchpNot sure if the BOP allows this or not.
Most of the accrediting agencies (ACA/NCCHC) do not want medical to be involved in anything punitive in nature. It has to do with them being able to trust us as medical professionals that we are looking out for their best interest related to health care needs.
All of the prisons I work with notify medical anytime the SORT team is being activated. A nurse is on standby to deal with any injuries of officers or inmate(s) during the event.
- Sep 26, '09 by BSNinTXThe other respondent is correct in saying that ANA / NCCHC do not want medical involved in such things.
The BOP is not the ANA or NCCHC. Most of our SORT teams include a PA or nurse. If you are interested, chances are that they would love to have you on the team.
- Sep 27, '09 by katkonkyou can look at federal nursing jobs in general if you go to opm.gov, then to USA jobs, type in key words and ...there you are. That site has VA jobs, research jobs, every kind of nurse job you can think of.