Nurse found dead at Honor Farm
- 0Apr 21, '04 by Blackcat99Riverton, Wyoming. A nurse Tammy Sue Watts,39,was found dead at this state minimum -security prison. She was found in her office at the Wyoming Honor Farm at 6:45 am by a medical co-worker prompting a lockdown of the prison. "We are investigating this as a homicide," Riverton Police Chief John Snell said. "We have no suspects at this time"
- 8,401 Visits
- 0Apr 21, '04 by NursesRmofunQuote from Blackcat99How awful. I have considered correctional nursing a couple times but I am always too frightened. I always remember the story of the female guard who was murdered by an inmate after one of her fellow guards put the inmate up to it. The male guard gave the immate the opportunity to rape and kill the female guard because he was married and the female guard was pregnant with his baby or something....he wanted her out of the picture. ACK.Riverton, Wyoming. A nurse Tammy Sue Watts,39,was found dead at this state minimum -security prison. She was found in her office at the Wyoming Honor Farm at 6:45 am by a medical co-worker prompting a lockdown of the prison. "We are investigating this as a homicide," Riverton Police Chief John Snell said. "We have no suspects at this time"
- 0Apr 22, '04 by Blackcat99Thanks NurseRmofun for your message.
I have worked in state psych hospitals and prisons. I feel much safer working in a prison. I would never work again in another state psych hospital-much too dangerous! Usually there is a guard with you when you work at a prison. I don't know what happened at this Honor Farm?
That's awful your story about the guard who set up his mistress!
A nurse from a Florida prison told me about a prison medical secretary who was the most sweetest wonderful person to everyone. She said all the staff and inmates loved her because she was so nice. Anyway, she was retiring and got strangled to death by an inmate on her last day of work. The nurse told me that she thinks the inmate killed her because he was very jealous of her good fortune and happy retirement plans.
- 0Apr 22, '04 by Blackcat99Update:
Authorities say the nurse died from strangulation and a blow to the head.They said an arrest might be a month away but they are not worried about the suspect getting away. The police chief John Snell said "We are diefinately focusing on a suspect. That suspect in an inmate and because of that he's not going anywhere" They will be interviewing all of the 165 inmates and the 30 or so workers.
- 0May 1, '04 by FROGGYLEGSQuote from Blackcat99You have got to be kidding me! A swimming pool?Yes you're right. What wacko thought up the name "Honor Farm" for a prison? Maybe it was that same wacko who built that deluxe swimming pool for inmates at taxpayers expense in Calif. many many years ago. :angryfire
The inmates at the prison I used to work at (my husband still works there) get cable television. They also get all of the big fights and such on pay-per-view. They get to stay out later during football season to watch the games. One block also gets the opportunity to order take out every so often as a reward for having the least amount of disciplinaries.
The only very minimum security prison area I know of is called the Minimum Security Complex. It basically runs on the "honor system" so that is why I figured the honor farm were that sort of complex. It is an ignorant name though IMO.