Southern Connecticut State University Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Southern Connecticut State University Nursing Program in Connecticut State Nursing Programs, part of Connecticut Nursing ... Anyone else thinking of applying? I was originally at a CC and could have more than likely gotten...by KTColeman30 May 23, '12Anyone else thinking of applying? I was originally at a CC and could have more than likely gotten into the program, but opted to go the BSN route instead (I have previous coursework that met the majority of my LEP requirements).
Anyone else considering the program? OR is anyone else here IN the program? Any advice? I plan on applying for Fall 2013!
Would love any input on the program!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=713836©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,870 Views
- Dec 6, '12 by easilyamusedI'm in my first semester in the program here and I absolutely love it. It is definitely a lot more work than I originally thought it would be, but all of the professors are great and accommodating. We have quite a few people in the regular (as in, not ACE) program who are older (have families, are married, etc...) as well as a number who are younger (first 3-4 years in college, etc...), so it's a good mixture.
I got accepted with a 94% on the TEAS and a 3.8 GPA, but there are some people in the program who make you wonder how they got in...they say they take the best 70/80 applicants based on GPA/TEAS score, there is no interview process. I've managed to keep a job, but I only work 15 hours/week.
If you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to help!
- Dec 6, '12 by KTColeman30Oh wow...thanks for the reply! I was wondering if there was anyone out there lol. Now I'm nervous...I only have a 79.3 TEAS and a 3.7. Maybe time to start thinking about plan B
- Jan 10 by movingon12Quote from KTColeman30Hello, I am applying to the nursing BSN program at SCSU too. I got the same GPA and TEAS test score as you. I think we have a good chance because one of the adviser's said that the averages for last year were 75% for the TEAS test and a 3.4 GPA. I took the TEAS test this week and it said the program average is 70.6%. There is still hope lolOh wow...thanks for the reply! I was wondering if there was anyone out there lol. Now I'm nervous...I only have a 79.3 TEAS and a 3.7. Maybe time to start thinking about plan B
- Jan 25 by floranceNIt's difficult to get a straight answer out of people as to the admission standards at Southern Connecticut. For instance easilyamused claims "I got accepted with a 94% on the TEAS and a 3.8 GPA"
Questions for easilyamused: Was your 3.8 an overall GPA or was it a prerequisite GPA? Also with regard to your 94% TEAS. Since there are 150 questions, that means you got 9 incorrect. On the most recent TEAS, test takers with 14 or fewer incorrect answers scored in the 99th percentile.
Nine incorrect answers on the TEAS is unbelievably good (emphasis on unbelievably). What's you secret?Last edit by floranceN on Jan 25
- Mar 8 by KTColeman30I am happy to report that I got in!!! I just received my letter from Southern this afternoon! I'm so excited! Several of my school friends got in as well, so it'll be wonderful to have friends in the program at the same time!
- Mar 11 by movingon12Congrats! I have also been accepted
- Mar 11 by KTColeman30Woo hoo!! I'm sure there will be lots of us that are on here I see a future study group coming together lol!