Ready to Apply CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2012 - Page 77Register Today!
- BTW, got all of my books and ordered my uniforms, yay for me, but ouch for my bank account
- Jul 2, '12 by mssjezQuote from NurseWannaBe86I'm going to CCC and we were told at orientation that clinicals won't start until mid-October and we won't find out where our sites are until the first week in October. I'm not sure if all the schools are doing it the same way but you could probably email the department and ask.hey guys! I was wondering if anyone of you received any kind of mail from the colleges? I'm wondering when we will be receiving the letters that will tell us in which hospital we will be doing our clinicals? any ideas? I haven't received any mail yet
Also, I got my uniforms and they're rather large. I got a small based on the measurements and they should have fit pretty well (actually I was worried about the pants fitting too tight) and they're kinda big. I'm going to wash a pair and see if that helps them not look as baggy as I feel like they do. Anyone else get theirs? How do they fit?
- Jul 2, '12 by studentnurseCTGWCC starts clinicals in September we were doing labs with our clinical group and got our assignment the week before.
- Jul 2, '12 by CNAnursingstudentI've gotten mine too, all the NVCC students had to get theirs at this one place. I got three sets of scrubs and two lab coats. I've gotten them before orientation cause I assumed I would need a pair for class but I guess we just were regular clothes to class with the lab coat and the scrubs are for clinical. Mine fit good! You don't want your scrubs fitting too tight. From my experience, you will be moving around a lot and you want to be comfortable when your bending down and moving around. Mine are a little big but they don't fall off me lol. My tops are medium and my pants are small cause they ran big.
- ohhh ok...I didn't know we won't find out before school starts lol...and I'm waiting for the letter to find out what hospital I'll be assigned ha. I remember the lady at orientation saying that the people who are going to that one certain hospital are goint to have their orientation either at the end of this month or next one..I don't remember. it's listed on the slides that we got at orientation..oh whatever
@allforthekids: I haven't seen you on here for a while! Did you join our facebook group?
@NVCC students: do you still want to meet up on the 14th? please let me know so we can make plans thanks!
- I also have a question that is really killing me...for over months now. I don't understand the whole thing with the nxclex exam...do we have to take it only after we graduate at the community colleges? what about if we finish our bachelor at WestConn? Do we have to take the nclex again? I'm confused!
- @nursewannabe, ya I'm on the facebook group, I've just been super busy. I really hope there is no kind of orientation this month, I go on vacation the 21st for 2 weeks. I don't remember them saying anything about that. Did I miss something?
- Oh and you can take your NCLEX once you graduate with your associates and you only need to pass it once. You do not need to take it again when you graduate with your BN.
- @allforthekidds: oh ok, thanks for your update on the nclex! we need the license in order to go for our BN, which kind of sucks! without the license, no BN!
are you free on the 14th to meet up?
- Jul 4, '12 by saramisuanyone concerned about the dosage calculation exam? Im on chapter 10, but I don't feel like there's going to be enough time for me to pull a 90. Does anyone have any idea what it's like?