Ready to Apply CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2012 - Page 60Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by ksoglieroYeah I think I'll do that...I'll call on Thursday, thanks! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about (:
- Apr 17, '12 by mssjezI don't think we have a different tuition amount. I used the tuition calculator and got a different amount. I got $1182.50 after college services and activity fees, plus $267 for clinical fees comes to $1449.50. I'd like to know how much books end up being. But they haven't posted the textbook list yet I heard it's something like $900 each semester in books. Plus uniforms, shoes, stethoscope, etc. I guess we can figure somewhere around $2000...yikes! Also, I emailed a counselor at CCC, to make sure that they will be open after the semester ends (I need to wait to register until I get my A&P II grade). I also asked to confirm that I can use that time to make sure my coreqs are transferred and met. I'll let you know what I hear!
Quote from saramisuAnd does anyone know anything about purchasing health insurance from the school, and what sort of coverage it applies? I can't find any info.And last, I know this is a ridiculous question, but what is the tuition? I looked on the tuition calculator and applied the number of credits/student fees, etc, plus the clinical fees and am getting a total of about $1600 (because I've taken Micro and *hopefully* psych). Is this correct? I can't find any other info besides that, and it dawned on me the other day that we have a totally different tuition amount. The things I should have thought about before, lol
- Apr 17, '12 by CNAnursingstudentThose going to NVCC, just checked in with Noreen curreto, admissions for nursing. I asked if she gotten my acceptance form. She said not yet, I asked if I can call her during the week to make sure she gets it. She said she's not going to be here for the rest of the week, so make sure you get your form into today or your going to have to wait until next week to see her.
- Apr 17, '12 by mssjezHi! I was informed by a counselor at Capital that Registrar will be changing our majors next week to nursing and we do not need to submit anything for them to make that change. Also for those of you who are finishing A&P II this semester and need to wait for the grade to register, counselor and registrar offices are open full hours during the summer.Last edit by mssjez on Apr 17, '12 : Reason: adding info
- Apr 17, '12 by krv2012Congrats to all who have been accepted. And to those who were watilisted, this isn't the end of the road. I have been accepted into TRCC for spring 2013. My stats: A&P: A TEAS: 67.3 GPA: 3.83. One recommendation I would make to any future nursing applicant is stay away from these nursing forums! Lol they will drive you crazy, and are very time consuming. I was a little worried about my TEAS score after stalking this forum, everybody seemed to have high 70's to mid 80's for version V. As everybody knows, the nursing programs are very competitive. Don't let how competitive it is scare you or make you feel incompetent in any way. Keep yourself tunnel visioned, get the best grades possible that you KNOW you can get, and don't listen to the buzz or anybody around you. If you KNOW you can do it, then do it. What's stopping you?Last edit by krv2012 on Apr 17, '12
- Apr 17, '12 by allforthekiddsWell, I handed in my acceptance today at NVCC (thank you CNAnursingstudent for your last post). She was at lunch, so I gave it to the lady in admissions(now I have anxiety thinking it won't get where it needs to go,lol). Is it true we can't register for nur101 until A&PII is finished? I'm taking it now, have a B+ so far and it showed that it was met when I last looked (before they took it down the 2nd time), weird.
- Apr 17, '12 by CNAnursingstudent@allforthekids I thought I was stressing about getting in.. Now I'm stressing whether she's even gonna get it! Haha I'm just gonna call her next week when she gets back from vacation to make sure she has received it! Ahh I always have something to stress about! But don't worry she will get them!
Yeah I'm pretty sure you have to finish A&P 2 to sign up, thats what it said in the letter but we can't even sign up anyways until the 23rd. I would double check with someone to see if you can sign up cause I know there are two different class times. One starting at 8am and the other at 11am, depending on your schedule you might prefer a certain class time. I know I need the 8am one cause I work at 3pm. Hope that helps! Deff check with ***** when she gets back from vacation!
Anyone have an idea how much books are gonna cost? I know there's gonna be a lot! I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea so we can be prepared!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Apr 18, '12 : Reason: Names removed as per Terms of Service
- Apr 17, '12 by ksoglieroYou guys aren't the only one stressing...I'm calling in a couple of days to make sure my letter of intent made it's way to the right hands (: I'm not sure how much the books are going to cost...I'm a little nervous to know haha...
- Apr 18, '12 by NurseWannaBe86About the books: Go to mycommnet, log in, go to register for fall, look for NUR 101, there's is a small link saying "see bookinfo" or something like that, check the prices there. I don't remember exact prices, but there was a book around $350, dosage calc $90, clicker $40, and other stuff. Yea, ***** NVCCwasnt there today, I handed my intend letter to the admissions and asked them to stamp the date on my copy so that I can Blame it on them if it gets lost. You should copy all your papers and get stamps from the school and date onto your copies, in case something gets lost! Remember there is over 125 students handing papers in!Oh and all students that accept their seats will be getting another info package by mail, regarding background check, uniforms, immunization....so off to another round of stalking the mailbox after May 1st hahaLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Apr 18, '12 : Reason: Names removed as per Terms of Service
- Apr 18, '12 by NurseWannaBe86I think it said "met" for your A&P class bc you met the requirement for admission; however, it's conditional ( is that the right word lol?), which means you still have to proof you will finish this class with the grade they're asking for (or better). So don't get confused! Finish your class, otherwise you'll lose your seat. I think they had to "met" it so that the computer was able to rank us... Good luck!