Getting ready to apply: CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Dec 8, '12 by toonsisGeneral psych? And where are you thinking about taking it? Winter classes can be really intense, but this might be an easier one.
- Dec 8, '12 by july06I think I'm going to take it at Gateway or Capital. And the class will be online.
- Dec 8, '12 by toonsisJuly, I say pick out a good professor (ratemyprofessor.com is a good source) and go for it! It gives you another chance to improve your grade.
- Dec 8, '12 by studentnurseCTI sent you a PM, since you can't post names on here. There is one teaching PSY 111 over the winter at CCC that is amazing!! and one that everyone avoids. Good luck it's not that bad.
- Dec 9, '12 by yrienayI was wondering what was the computer applications exam and if that was new to apply this year. Also, what classes are going to be part of the GPA. I took the teas yesterday and i got an 85.3%. My GPA last year when I appllied was 3.49 and I got a B in A&P. I was waitlisted #21 last year but my teas is a lot higher.
- Dec 9, '12 by toonsisThose are good stats, yrienay. The test is not new, it's only needed if you didn't take the computer application class (or one they accepted). What school is you first choice?
- Dec 9, '12 by toonsisIt's hard to think that you were wait listed #21 with good stats like that last year. good luck this year
- Dec 10, '12 by yrienayMy first choice is capital then naugatuck. But last year when i applied my teas was lower. Thats why I got waitlisted. It was a 71%.
- Dec 10, '12 by onmyway25Anyone know what the program is like at Northwestern Connecticut CC? My first choice is Gateway (mostly for the hours and that is the area I would most like to work in as an RN) but I don't know what to put for second choice. I heard that NWCC is partial evenings and weekends and I like that it's accelerated, but I'm not sure if they are as reputable as the other CC's.
- Dec 12, '12 by nef203[QUOTE=LouiseD;7066470]Anyone know what the program is like at Northwestern Connecticut CC? My first choice is Gateway (mostly for the hours and that is the area I would most like to work in as an RN) but I don't know what to put for second choice. I heard that NWCC is partial evenings and weekends and I like that it's accelerated, but I'm not sure if they are as reputable as the other
I start at NWCC in January. We have class Tues 5-9 and clinical Wed and Thur (night or day option.. well you pick top two and where they place you they place you). They are doing away with weekend aspect as it was hard to see certain procedures (post op floors are quiet on the weekend i guess). There are 36 students in a class at NWCC and the campus is nice and nursing lab brand new. You go throughout summer but "skip" the fall semester by starting in Jan.