This is a discussion on CONFUSED in Connecticut State Nursing Programs, part of Connecticut Nursing ... i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the goodwin college nursing program in east hartford...by lolo0909 Jun 13, '10
i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the goodwin college nursing program in east hartford ct. i want to go to nursing school but i dont want to wait. also i was wondering if i could apply to nursing programs even before i start my prerequisite's? does anyone know of any good schools, and how long the waiting list usually take. i have been really considering goodwin college b/c it seems so fast and no waiting list. im sure its to good to be true, just want to see what other people think. thanksLast edit by lolo0909 on Jun 13, '10
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=485365©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,821 Views
- Jun 13, '10 by dthfytrCheck with the state board of nursing for accreditation and their pass/fail rates on the NCLEX.
As for pre reqs, they're unique to each school.
Waiting lists are a relative thing, from personal experience. Nursing schools are heavily regulated by the states based at least partially on their pass/fail rates. Since most nursing classes are science classes, those with a history of doing very well in science classes seem to be on a much shorter waiting list. An empty seat doesn't effect the pass/fail rate, a marginal student could effect it negatively. Good luck.
- Jun 13, '10 by * RN *I am pretty sure you need to take pre-reqs for goodwin too, they have some sorts of points system...check it out here Nursing Admission Requirements - Goodwin College
The only thing I have ever heard about Goodwin is that it has a steep price tag..something like $15000-$20000 if I am not mistaken. Not sure about the quality of their education. Have you considered a 4 year school? Sometimes those are easier to get into because you are excepted and then do mostly all pre-req's freshman year and start nursing classes sophomore or junior year.
Quote from lolo0909
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Goodwin College nursing program in East HARTFORD CT. I want to go to nursing school but I dont want to wait. Also i was wondering if I could apply to nursing programs even before i start my prerequisite's? Does anyone know of any good schools, and how long the waiting list usually take. I have been really considering Goodwin college b/c it seems so fast and no waiting list. Im sure its to good to be true, just want to see what other people think. THANKS
- Jun 13, '10 by rainbowbrite85Personally, I haven't heard many good things about Goodwin College. As previously mentioned, it's pricey. And even though there is no wait list, that doesn't mean everyone is accepted. If I were you, I would go through one of the 5 Connecticut Community Colleges for Nursing school. It's highly competitive, but I think that they offer a much better education than Goodwin.
As for pre-requisites, yes, every school is different. However, I would recommend doing all of the co-reqs before you get into the program as well. Check out Capital or Gateway CC website; they will have a PDF file of the Nursing packet that describes everything. Good luck!!
- Jun 13, '10 by rainbowbrite85Oh and you may want to check out this thread also:
Goodwin college - Nursing for Nurses
- Jun 29, '10 by cayenne06I am currently enrolled at Goodwin, in 100. I like the program, but the rest of the school is a total mess. It is way too expensive and the student support systems are not well organized. I am having a great experience in the actual program, however. The director is very open about the problems the school has had, and the problems they still face. HOPEFULLY Goodwin's reputation will continue to get better!