UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Oct 25, '12 by vbarth11I also can't find the Facebook group, but it's a great idea! Maybe post a link to it on here?
- Oct 25, '12 by FootprintsDoulaI have a couple of questions about this program and was wondering if someone can clarify for me. I plan on attending an info. session but I'm trying to get an idea of how many prerequisites I need to take.
I have a B.S. in Agricultural Economics, which included Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab and Statistics. I graduated from college in 2006, so not too terribly long ago. If these count, it looks like I only need to take AP1, AP2, Genetics, and Microbio, which are all available at my local community college. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is Undergraduate Research Methods. I'm not seeing a listing for anything like this at the community college. What department would it be under? Is this a class that should be taken in person or can it be done online? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
- Oct 25, '12 by clf9317I took my research online through charter oak state college. At the info session they give you a list of acceptable transfer classes and equivalence info.
- Oct 26, '12 by AjbernierIf I remember correctly they will let you know a couple options as far as undergrad research. Which community college were you looking at? Also, they require that you have a B in the science courses. You might want to try the psych dept, that's where mine was taken at least...hope you get it all figured out!
- Oct 27, '12 by FootprintsDoulaThanks for the info! I'm planning to take my classes at QVCC, but there isn't anything resembling Research Methods in their course catalog, so I guess I will have to take that elsewhere. I hope that they will accept my stats. class from my undergrad. degree. I went back and looked and it's actually Business Statistics I and II that I took, but I'm pretty sure even at Uconn the Stats class listed is not specific to science students and more geared toward Business/Economics. I'm signed up for the Nov. 5th info. session at Storrs Can't wait to get started!
- Nov 5, '12 by jackifalhi guys - i am going to the stamford campus for the 2013 year. i also can*t find the facebook group, so let me know if anyone else does!
- Nov 7, '12 by jackifalcan you put a link to the facebook group on this site. i can*t find it!
- Nov 10, '12 by Silverdragon102Please do not post actual link to facebook but post the actual name of the group
- Nov 12, '12 by AjbernierDid anyone else see that we have been registered for our first semester of classes? It says they don't start until the end of January (22 I think). I assumed we would start class the same week of clinicals and lab...