trouble finding a job in ICU in CTRegister Today!
- by Dawn7 Jun 23, '06I will graduate in May '07 with my bachelors in nursing at the University of Oklahoma. My parents recently moved to CT (near Newtown) and I have been calling around to local hospitals to ask about job availability in ICU... Needless to say it's been a little discouraging. I have been calling hospitals and asking for the nurse recruiters, but several hospitals said they don't even hire recent nursing grads for ICU. Different people have been telling me it's not what you know but who you know. I really want to be able to apply to CRNA school asap, so I know how vital getting a job in ICU is... I am willing to drive at least an hour. Any advice any one might have would be great!
Thanks in advance
- 1,008 Views
- Jun 23, '06 by tbalHi Dawn. I am not sure how far you are willing to travel. But the hospital of St. Raphaels does hire new graduates. Every year they hire new grads. Is new haven county an option for you? I think Yale new haven hopital might even hire new graduates.
- Jun 23, '06 by Dawn7I left a message with St. Raphael's nurse recruiter, so I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Also, you are right New Haven does hire new grads, I just didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Thanks so much for your input though
- Jun 26, '06 by NHavenRNAs further encouragement - I know new grads from my program at ICUs at both St Raph's and YNHH...though many more of them were hired by St. Raph's. Definitely look there if you're willing to make the drive! and good luck!
- Jun 26, '06 by suzy253Come to RI. two of my fellow grads (May) will be working straight away in ICU.