Ready to Apply CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2012 - page 59
ooops... the other one had 2011 instead of 2012... let's try this again: Just thought I would start a new thread for the current application cycle. Questions... stats... rumors... etc! My question is... for those applying... Read More
- 0Apr 16, '12 by CNAnursingstudentRegards to the questions for the flu vaccine, since we have until July 15th to finish all our health forms and such. Our orientation is may 30th, (nvcc) so you can prolly wait and then we can bring up the subject there, cause its not costly or hard to get a flu shot, and im prolly sure they will discuss everything that needs to be complete too. Prolly the best thing to do is call your insurance company ask if they cover everything that needs to be addressed in the health form and go to your primary doctor. If you don't have a primary go to a walk in and check to see if you insurance will cover it there. If you don't have either then like said above we really need those vaccinations so try your best to get everything complete, if your having trouble call someone directly at your school and hopefully someone can help. I work in a hospital now as a cna and the diseases you come across, it's only to protect your self, especially when we start dealing with blood and all that good stuff. Don't stress out guys! Try your best to get everything done early cause so it's not sitting on your mind!
- 0Apr 16, '12 by CTDonFor anyone going to Capital (this may apply to others, but I'm not sure): Our letter states that we need to meet with a counselor before we can register for classes. I made several calls last week and left messages to set up an appointment, none of which were returned...so I stopped in this morning and had all my answers in about 30 seconds. :icon_roll
If you are all set with pre-reqs (got all of them done), financing, and you've turned in your intention to attend letter, you don't need to meet with a counselor. I am all squared away with everything, so she said I'll be able to register sometime next week, when the major is changed from 'undeclared' to 'nursing'. She said the spot won't be given away as long as the letter is in, so no need to worry.
She said if there is any issues with registering over the web, to just call and they can do it over the phone...although I think I've just learned that I'd be better off driving in and doing it in person, as inconvenient as it is!
But if you have any other classes to complete or need to figure out financing, etc, (or if you have any other concerns) you should probably call/stop in. I just thought I might be able to save someone else some frustration.
- 0Apr 16, '12 by mssjez@CNAnursingstudent - for CCC, our health forms are due June 15th which is the same day as our orientation. I think I'm going to ask someone (no idea who) when I drop of my "reply letter". I don't care if I have to get the flu vaccine now, I just figure since we won't be in the hospital setting until mid-October and there will be a new flu vaccine (for the particular strain of flu for the season) if it would make a difference or not to wait. I definitely agree that you should get all the vaccines you can for working in that environment. So many germs and diseases that it's better to be safe than sorry!
@CTDon - I'm glad you had your questions answered. Unfortunately for me, I'm finishing up A&P II this semester and need to wait until I get my grade to register. I'm not even sure if the counseling offices and/or registrar will be staffed after the semester ends. I plan on asking when I drop off my "reply letter" tomorrow. I also want to meet with the counselor to go over the co-reqs which should all transfer, but I want to make sure. Did they say that you had to submit the change of major form to change your major to nursing before you register? Or do they do it automatically?
- 0Thanks CTDON. I was just at CCC dropping off my letter! I tried to get an answer about this, how do we ensure that our co-reqs are in the system and we don't need to retake them? I have taken General Psych and SJC, but nothing is showing up as transferred in. I tried to hand in a credit eval form, but the woman in admissions told me I didn't need to do that. SOMEONE, ANYONE HELP!!! And the reason I asked about the flu shot is because we're in between seasons, so it doesn't really make sense to have it done now? I have a Dr's appointment next week, so I'll ask him,I suppose.
- 0Apr 16, '12 by mssjezlol, we are right on the same page. I'm going to talk to a counselor about both I think.
Quote from saramisuThanks CTDON. I was just at CCC dropping off my letter! I tried to get an answer about this, how do we ensure that our co-reqs are in the system and we don't need to retake them? I have taken General Psych and SJC, but nothing is showing up as transferred in. I tried to hand in a credit eval form, but the woman in admissions told me I didn't need to do that. SOMEONE, ANYONE HELP!!! And the reason I asked about the flu shot is because we're in between seasons, so it doesn't really make sense to have it done now? I have a Dr's appointment next week, so I'll ask him,I suppose.
- 0And does anyone know anything about purchasing health insurance from the school, and what sort of coverage it applies? I can't find any info.And last, I know this is a ridiculous question, but what is the tuition? I looked on the tuition calculator and applied the number of credits/student fees, etc, plus the clinical fees and am getting a total of about $1600 (because I've taken Micro and *hopefully* psych). Is this correct? I can't find any other info besides that, and it dawned on me the other day that we have a totally different tuition amount. The things I should have thought about before, lol
- 0Apr 16, '12 by ksoglieroHas anyone's major changed on mycomment yet? I turned in my letter of intent the day after I got my acceptance, but my major is still listed as general studies...just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing? I think my paranoia is going to drive me to the college to make sure the letter is in the right hands haha!