LPN's in CT HospitalRegister Today!
- by mandykal Dec 26, '06Does anyone know any Hospital in Connecticut currently hiring LPN's?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=197026©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,617 Views
- Dec 27, '06 by NaomieRNCheck St Vincents Hospital or Bridgeport Hospital.
- Dec 29, '06 by smokeyoaks82358St. Raphael's in New Haven hires LPN's, I know that St. Vincent's does not. LTC pays the best for LPN's - where I am you start off at $25.00 per hour, which is great pay for a new grad! The hospital's start off at about $16-19. .
- Dec 30, '06 by mandykalQuote from smokeyoaks82358St. Raphael's in New Haven hires LPN's, I know that St. Vincent's does not. LTC pays the best for LPN's - where I am you start off at $25.00 per hour, which is great pay for a new grad! The hospital's start off at about $16-19. .
Yeah, I know the pay is low compared to LTC pay but I'm still looking. I need to gain more experience. I'm on a "7&7" program, 7 days on, 7 days off and get paid for 80 hours. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 7 consecutive days off besides going back to school...
- Jan 10, '07 by real1143Smokeyoaks-What are do you work in CT? I am in LPN school right now, and I just met a grad who makes $19. hour, while that is great, I made close to that before I begin nursing school. So I was trying to find the areas that pay the most for new grad LPNS. Thank you.
- Apr 17, '07 by DarciaMoonzLTC/SNF pay a bit more than the hospital. I am also looking for those places that pay more than $16-19/hr. But since I can only work days right now, I guess I have to take what I can get. I know Arden House (Harborside Healthcare Center) in Hamden starts out with $20-21/hr for days for new grads.
- Apr 20, '07 by R0xyg4lRockville General in Rockville/Vernon, L&M in New London hires LPNs (can't remember if they will hire new LPNs), and there was another one someone recently mentioned in class that I will try to find out.
- Jan 17, '09 by katherine100$25 an hour? Wow. What city did you work in? I hope to make decent pay so i can pay off my loans.Last edit by katherine100 on Jan 17, '09 : Reason: none
- Jan 19, '09 by CT PixieAlthough I don't work in a hospital, the LTC facility I work at started me at just shy of $25/hr I work evenings and don't have any benefits. (I only know what the new grad LPN rate is). I'm in Southwestern CT in New Haven County.
Day-Kimball has an ad on indeed.com for LPN's.
Yale hires LPN's for their clinics but not working as a nurse in the hospital.
Although St Vincents Hospital doesn't hire LPN's they do hire LPN's for their Special Needs. Its part of the St Vincents Hospital and you are considered a St V's employee so should you want to further your education to RN, they do have tuition reimbursement etc.
What I do is check out the website of hospitals and check their career/employment link, many times they are looking for LPN's in offices, walk-in clinics etc. Just because the actual hospital doesn't employee LPN's doesn't always mean that other parts of the hospital don't. It never hurts to check.
- Mar 3, '09 by szccdwWhat are your nurse to patient ratio's in a long term care facility?Last edit by szccdw on Mar 3, '09 : Reason: typo