Getting ready to apply: CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2013 - Page 13Register Today!
- Jan 10 by FingersCrossed2013I am hoping to take micro in the summer, I couldn't get in this Spring. Great job getting everything done already! I hope it's offered at MXCC. That is my favorite campus. I would definitely recommend going into your school of choice before the end of the month to double check your file! I was really surprised they suggested that to me, I would have thought they would rather NOT have the foot traffic.
- Jan 11 by july06So I just took the teas test for the second time and i got a 77.3. I wish i had hit at least 80.
- Jan 12 by july06Does anyone know if Capital sends out their official transcripts right when you request them?
- Jan 14 by jan286You can check the status of your transcript request. In mycommnet, underneath request a transcript, it says something like "check status of requested transcript". It will tell you the day it was printed and stuff.
- Jan 16 by jmc10They have put the nursing application status/checklist up on mycommnet for those that have been anxiously waiting like i have!
- Jan 16 by ORnurseCTConnecticut Community College Nursing Program - Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education
Application Period: November 1, 2012 - February 1, 2013
The application period for the nursing program is November 1 - February 1 each year. All CT-CCNP applicants must complete the online nursing program application and submit all related documentation to the Admissions Office at the College of First Choice by the February 1st deadline. The "College of First Choice" is the college that the applicant would most like to attend.
Applicants may select a 2nd choice college at the initial time of application which will eliminate the necessity to apply to more than one college. An applicant should only list the college(s) to which s/he would be willing to commute.
Late applications and transcripts will not be accepted.
Applications will be available online on November 1, 2012.
Effective January 1, 2013 all emails will be sent to your new community college email address. You will be able to look up your new email address in myCommNet or using the NetID Lookup Utility.
On January 16, 2013 applicants for the 2013-2014 academic year will be able to check the status of their required items in Self Service. Once applicants are in Self Service, click on the "Student Records" tab, followed by the "Nursing Application & Required Item(s) Status". If you have recently submitted documentation for your application, please allow up to THREE WEEKS for processing. All prerequisites from colleges outside the 12 CT Community Colleges, as well as the Nursing GPA, will not be evaluated until after February 1st, 2013.
How to Apply
Please note: Applicants without a community college net ID must first submit a general college application to their college of first choice. Please visit the website of your college of first choice for more information.
After November 1st, please use the following steps to access the online application:
- Go to http://my.commnet.edu.
- Login using your NetID & password (for example: email@example.com).
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- Click on the "Banner Self-Service" link (upper right corner of the page)
- Click "Student Records."
- Click "Nursing Program Application for 2013-2014."
Please make sure to read the instructions before submitting your application (link to instructions is located in the upper-left corner of the application webpage).
Once your online application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. The email will be sent to the address listed in Self-Service section. If this is not your current email address, please update your email address in Self-Service section prior to submitting your application. To update your email, select the "Personal Information" tab once you are in the Self-Service section.
Please note, after January 1, 2013 all emails will be sent to your new community college email address. You will be able to look up your new email address in myCommNet or using the NetID Lookup Utility.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the CT-CCNP application.
- Jan 17 by HelenaHandbasketWell here's an update. I finished my summer semester with As. In the Fall I took Chem, A&P 1, Computers and Statistics.
Everything that could go wrong did go wrong for this semester. Culminating with my mother getting sick and put on a ventilator the week of finals. I had to fly to be with her and couldn't take them. Two professors let me take them online. Two gave me an incomplete. Then Intercession came and to keep my full-time status I had to take TWO courses. I would NOT recommend doing that. I just finished those last night with As.
I took my TEAS-V on Tuesday cold turkey. No studying and got an 80.0. I *was* pretty happy about my grade but now, not so much.
GPA was a 4.0 but I ended up with a B- in Chem and Statistics and A&P1 are the two finals I have left to take next week. I *hope* to end up with a B in A&P1. Hopefully an A or A- in Stats. I can't even speculate where that leaves my GPA.
I am having the hardest time accessing the online application. I've been going back and forth with Admissions and IT for the last two days. Hopefully they will get that settled. Everything else is "in route" to them so hopefully it ends up where it needs to be.
I was also told that same thing by the admissions people about bringing everything in. All official transcripts have to arrive by mail I thought. My going there in person wouldn't do anything to speed up the process. I applied online, they took my money, I should be all set I hope.
I know I'm cutting it close and it's a long-shot but I am doing everything within my power to make it happen. I might have an ULCER by the time all is said and done, but I'm committed!
- Jan 18 by HelenaHandbasketI just read all of last year's thread. What a roller coaster is right! And some of you have hopped on it again!
I still haven't been able to log into commnet to access the application. I got another email today that they were missing my immunizations. The Drs office faxed them on Monday. I called them again and they faxed them again and are sending them to me. If they don't get it straight by next week I will drive there with my results and sit until they get my account set up. Were you guys able to access commnet before your high school transcripts or immunizations were in?
I've requested transcripts from Asnuntuck and my high school. Of course I have no idea if they have arrived there yet. How would we know??
I am just so anxious about everything getting in on time. Is the online application portion time consuming?
I know I sound like a nervous wreck and I am! I was all set to start my application in November and one thing after another happened and my focus was on holding my family together and my grades. I got home from taking care of my mom and realized I only had 3 weeks until the deadline! 2 of those weeks involved 2 Intercession classes!
I didn't intend to put all my eggs in one basket, but I did. Simply because I don't have the time to focus on any other applications. It's comforting that even with some technical clitches that some in the last class encountered, it was able to be straightened out.
Only a couple more weeks until the outcome is out of our hands!!
- Jan 21 by july06I just finished my online winter class with Capital so now I need my transcript sent to NCC. My teacher said that our grades won't be available till January 22, so I'm waiting till then to request my official transcript be sent. I'm worried it won't make it in time. And I can't go get it because it's in Hartford which is an hour and a half drive from me. And I also don't have a license.
- Jan 23 by toonsisSo here is where I am at. Teas is 76 Gpa is 3.65 A&P is a-That teas is not great. A couple of my transcripts just got done. Do they just have to be post marked by Feb 1st or received by then. I had my dr send my immunization, and date of my chicken pox. Did anyone else do this, in lieu of the vaccine?I am so nervous it won't all come together Last minute did not help me out. I realized this 2 transcripts needed to be sent even though I withdrew from the classes 10 years ago, and never got credit for them.