Getting ready to apply: CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2013 - Page 10Register Today!
- Quote from yrienayI think that exam is for students who wish to bypass the required computer class.I was wondering what was the computer applications exam and if that was new to apply this year. Also, what classes are going to be part of the GPA. I took the teas yesterday and i got an 85.3%. My GPA last year when I appllied was 3.49 and I got a B in A&P. I was waitlisted #21 last year but my teas is a lot higher.
- [QUOTE=motosteph;7060536]Wow everyones stats sound competitive. Stay positive, if we dont make it in this year there is always next year. I got waitlisted last year, but i think i grew as a person and student during that time, and i wan to be a nurse even more. And thats totally right, these stats arent a true reflection of how good of a nurse you will be, or how well you do in the program.
I was waitlisted once too! It stinks but a year goes by fast! It feel worse at the time but looking back, not too bad.
- Dec 12, '12 by motostephThe year did go by fast. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone. Im taking the teas again on the 20th and I will probally apply that night or the day after. Anyone know what to put for the grade if you tested out of a class. I took the accuplacer for math and Im not sure if I should just not put anything down for the grade.
- Dec 12, '12 by july06The nursing advisor at my school said to put N/A if you don't have an answer.
- Dec 12, '12 by july06I started filling out the application today, but then backed out of it. I''m going to wait until I have all my final grades. Including the grade from the class I'm taking over the winter session. Does anybody know anyone who got in with a gpa lower than a 3.4?
- Dec 13, '12 by nef203Quote from july06Personally no but i would apply and see what happens. There is always the lottery and if your a and p 1 grade is high and your teas score is good that will also help you. Good Luck!I started filling out the application today, but then backed out of it. I''m going to wait until I have all my final grades. Including the grade from the class I'm taking over the winter session. Does anybody know anyone who got in with a gpa lower than a 3.4?
- Dec 17, '12 by july06I keep calling Capital to find out the status of my Admissions application and what I have to do next, but they won't answer. I've called off and on all day about ten times (literally)!!!
- Dec 18, '12 by motostephYou should go in person and track someone down. Bring copies of everything, and find out where and who you should talk to. If they are on a lunch break then wait for them to get back.
- Dec 18, '12 by ORnurseCTI know people that got in with GPA's around 3.0.
I wouldn't even worry about a second choice school, they will never need to use that list. Of course I would complete the application as if they did.
Med/Surg floors are busy 24/7? At Yale we are hoping even at night. Patients don't stop getting sick just because it's the weekend.
Being a Gateway student definitely helps get you a job in this area. Do the student nurse intern over the summer, try to get a PCA job. That is how most people get hired.
The last week of the semester it is impossible to reach people. I would go in next week if you need to verify something.
If you are pre-nursing and haven't had Chemistry take 121, if you haven't had English 102 take one that will transfer to a University, same with your humanities elective, make it count for your future. If you plan to get your BSN, it's worth it.