Excelsior grads in CT
- 0Mar 27, '11 by 2ndcareerchangeHi all,
I was wondering if there are any Excelsior grads in CT? I want to know if you had a hard time getting a job, or transferring to a CT college for an BSN or going for your Masters.
Thanks in advance, Regi:heartbeat
- 1,827 Visits
- 1Apr 12, '11 by CrissiQHi Regi,
I'm an Excelsior grad of the ASN program from December of last year. I took my boards in Jan and passed without issue. I am starting my BSN with Excelsior and will most likely continue on to my masters some day. I haven't tried to apply to any local colleges. I figure I used Excelsior and it worked out just fine. Its an awesome school and a great nursing program. I was an LPN working full time at a LTC facility so when I received my RN I just got a raise and sometimes help out supervising. As far as the job market goes, it's not easy anyplace right now. Most hospitals in my area are not hiring ASN nurses anymore unless you have acute care experience already. Hope the info helped!
- 0Apr 12, '11 by 2ndcareerchangeThanks Crisi,
That does help. I was thinking about Excelsior or Indiana State U. I finally settled on Excelsior. I ordered all the nursing books, and will start in September 2011. I first need to take microbiology and get a job in the field. So right now my attention is on getting a job. I am trying to get a few per diem jobs, which might be hard since I have no experience. I wanted to know how the employees viewed Excelsior, but what I have noticed is they are concerned with your license, more than the school. Thanks for answering the question....
- 0Jun 27, '11 by 2ndcareerchangeSeven months?? okay, please share with me your study plan.... that would be great if i could get this finished and moving on to the bachelors... Also, I need a plan to get my mind around... I feel like I am just drifting... I know the goals, I need a daily... anywhoo any help would be appreciated.
- 1Jun 27, '11 by nurse62889Quote from 2ndcareerchangeSeven months?? okay, please share with me your study plan.... that would be great if i could get this finished and moving on to the bachelors... Also, I need a plan to get my mind around... I feel like I am just drifting... I know the goals, I need a daily... anywhoo any help would be appreciated.
Lisa arens notes off ebay and I used my nclex pn books..make ur tests as close as u can and study study study! I also did thr practice exams thru ec