Capital AnyoneRegister Today!
- by msdeannah May 28, '09Anyone going to Capital? I have orientation on the 12th and was wondering if anyone from this board would also be there?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=395698©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,068 Views
- May 28, '09 by HartfordSPNI am not but congratulations!!!!!!!
:heartbeatNina, Student Nurse:redpinkhe
- Jun 3, '09 by Spercy55I went to one of Capital's nursing info meetings last night and the speaker said that ONLY 225 people applied to Capital's program this year...Thats odd I thought this year would be really high with applicants. They accept 165 so thats pretty good! The speaker said they anticipate a LARGE surge of applicants in 2010...wish I had applied for 2009!
Congrats to you for getting in!
- Jun 4, '09 by msdeannahWow. I didn't know that. I know they had low numbers the year before because that is when they added all the new requirements. But wow they did have a low number. Well good luck to you.
- Jun 18, '09 by msdeannahWell, I had a hard time finding info on this board about Capital so I'll try to post as much info as possible for those who come after me.
Last week was our orientation. They gave us uniform info, green polo tops and white scrub pants. We found out that our first med test is on the third day of class and we have to pass with a 90 or better and we get three attempts.
We have to maintain an average of 74. And for the first semester our schedule is Monday and Friday lecture 9-10:50, Lab for the first week is Tuesday and Wednesday from 8-3 and then in october that turns to clinicals from 7-3pm.
It was 4 hours total. It was very exciting, oh and there are about 165 students.
- Jun 19, '09 by jrinctThanks for all the details. Is the med test a math test? I'm starting at Gateway in the fall. We might have the same test, but I don't know yet -- orientation's not until next week.
- Jun 21, '09 by msdeannahyes its a mathe exam. The instructer said it will include simple dosage calculations, dosage calculations with conversions, and simple iv calculations.
- Jul 29, '09 by MrsNagleHey! I just graduated from Capital's nursing program this past May. It is awesome there-- very tough but enriching, exactly what nursing school should be. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about being a student there! Good luck!
- Aug 3, '09 by msdeannahQuote from MrsNagleHey congrats to you on everything.Hey! I just graduated from Capital's nursing program this past May. It is awesome there-- very tough but enriching, exactly what nursing school should be. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about being a student there! Good luck!
Thanks for the offer. I would like to know what tips you have on being successful in the program? Did many people have jobs and children? Did you loose a lot of students. So far the schools seems to be very organized. I am excited to start.
I meant excited/terrified to start.