BHSN: Applying to Bridgeport Hosp for Fall 2013 - page 21
Hi All, I thought I would start a new topic for those of us who are planning to apply to BHSN's Nursing program for the Fall 2013. I will get things started with my stats (which aren't great...but not too terrible!): ... Read More
- 0May 20, '13 by vivinursingstudentJessica77 this is a great idea. I live in Stamford - Glenbrook and i have no idea where I'm going to be working lol
As for the schedule, I just called BHSN again and left a message for ******. I'll update this post as/if I get a response.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on May 25, '13 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 0May 21, '13 by vivinursingstudentFINALLY GOT BHSN ON THE PHONE!
* Orientation package (O.P.) is being sent this week. We should all get it on the next 2 weeks. It will contain all the information we need to know, but schedule.
* ****** told me that they are still working on schedule, and that the only thing she can tell is that Tuesday is lecture day, and it goes until 4pm the latest. Sometimes we might leave earlier, sometimes not.... As we already know, LAB + CLI depends on our groups and are 1x week each on the first semester (LAB followed by CLI on the next day) either WED/THU or THU/FRI depending on your group. those LABs and CLIs last from 7am to 4pm sometimes (in case of DAY groups). So for us who are looking for jobs, she recommend that we keep those times in mind. she said this is not official as they are still working on it, but this would be an idea to help us who are looking for a job.
* Vaccines, drug-test and physical: All the info about these topics will be in the orientation package. If you have insurance and want to go ahead and make an appointment with your doc, even better, as some people might not get appointments in time! the list of shots will be in the O.P, otherwise, we can wait for the orientation day to get recommendations of places to go. She said that they recommend the Industrial Medical Center for drug-test, and that they might give you some "special" on the shots, but not sure.... (personalty, I'm going to try the Optimum Clinics, as they charge you by your income.)
I hope it answers some of your questions!
Questions, questions??? please ask!!!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on May 25, '13 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 0May 21, '13 by vivinursingstudentYou are welcome!
I heard it will be in July. The day is in the O.P.
Quote from MarcusPaxtonVivinursingstudent: Thank you for the info... It was very helpful... I did have one question, does anyone know when the actual orientation day is planned? Will it be soon? Or in August?
- 0May 22, '13 by vivinursingstudentHahaha KristenR, so cant I! lol She said she might send half of it friday, half monday... So no chasing the poor mailman (woman in my case) until at least Tuesday hahaha
- 0May 23, '13 by Nurse2b2318vivinursingstudent:Thats good you told me because I already started stalking my mailman lol. I guess I should wait a few more days before I obsessively check it again. Did ******* tell you what time lecture would start on Tuesdays? I know Tuesday is not set in stone, but most likely will be that day.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on May 25, '13 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 0May 23, '13 by vivinursingstudentlol poor mailmen out there...
I think she said 8 for lecture and 7 for CLI, not sure though...
Quote from KristenRvivinursingstudent:Thats good you told me because I already started stalking my mailman lol. I guess I should wait a few more days before I obsessively check it again. Did Yolanda tell you what time lecture would start on Tuesdays? I know Tuesday is not set in stone, but most likely will be that day.