anybody from SOUTHERN?
- 0Nov 16, '09 by fd11Hi,
I am planning on applying to Southern's nursing program (for Fall 10). People that I know who have applied to the program didn't get in. One of my smartest friends, with almost a 4.0 didn't get in, and she said that her friends didn't get in either. So I am wondering what do you have to have in order to get in to Southern's program. i am sure I won't get it, but I am going to try anyways.
Thanks in advance.
- 0Nov 19, '09 by 2bJoshRN9788hey, i'm currently nearing the end of my first semester in the program. the only advice i can really give is to maintain a high gpa, and do really well on the teas. unless they have changed their admission requirements this year, they are basically the only two criteria looked at when accepting people. i had a 3.7 gpa overall w/ a 3.93 in the nursing prereqs, and scored a 89% on the teas, just to give an idea of what their applicant pool looks like. good luck, and feel free to ask me anymore questions about getting in or the program itself.
- 0Jan 30, '10 by one.loveQuote from MarL85Is the accelerated bsn program only offered once a year every summer? I'll be moving to new haven this summer and wanted to start the accelerated program in the spring. How early should I apply?I applied to the accelerated nursing program at Southern which starts in late Summer. I do not know much of the regular program starting in the Fall though. Has anyone else applied to the accelerated option?
- 0Feb 3, '10 by Hobbes02Your application to the school has to be submitted by September 1st, and then your ACE application to the Nursing program has to be submitted by January 15th. Those were the dates for this year and I don't imagine they're going to change much for next year. You can read more about it here.
- 0Mar 14, '10 by MarL85Carrie-Ann,
I can't wait for them to get back to me too! I contacted them and asked if we really had to wait until April 1st to hear from them. They said they were going to try and get letters out by mid-March, but April 1st would be the very latest. I do have a couple of back-up options because all Accelerated programs are hard to get into. I will post on here once I hear back!
Also to Hobbes02: No I did not have to take the TEAS to apply. I do not even know what that is...a standardized test? To apply to the accelerated you have to have your bachelor's degree already and a bunch of science prerequiste classes. Good luck to your friends who are applying...you're right it's hard to get in and they only take a small bunch.
- 0Mar 14, '10 by Hobbes02Yeah it's a standardized test that a lot of schools use as part of the criteria for entrance into the nursing program. If you go into the pre-nursing student forum there are tons of threads on it because it can make or break your acceptance. I did very well on it though, so I'm not too worried. I just have to wait it out like everybody else until I find out for sure. Thanks a lot, good luck to you too!