CU Spring 2012 ApplicantsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CU Spring 2012 Applicants in Colorado State Nursing Programs, part of Colorado Nursing ... Since we're getting close to the end I thought I would start this thread. Please introduce...by lkk0718 Aug 10, '11Since we're getting close to the end I thought I would start this thread. Please introduce yourselves and add any updates as you get them from CU.
I'm a non-traditional student making a mid-life career change. I used to work in corporate finance for many years. I became a stay at home mom about 8 years ago and then decided to make a major career change into nursing. I completed all my nursing pre-requisites at a local community college. My previous bachelor's degree is in business administration.
Would love to hear from fellow applicants!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=603191©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,286 Views
- Aug 10, '11 by lkk0718I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I would love to hear from others that will be in my class. I will be in the traditional program.
- Aug 11, '11 by lindsaylatHi! I will be in the traditional program too! I am going back for a career in nursing after taking a long time off from school to figure out where I wanted my life to go. I am 28. I am so excited becuase I was ready to apply last year in June, as CU was my 1st choice but then they added Gen Chem and I couldn't. Then I found out on the deadline day in Oct. that my Intro to Chem with a Lab course would suffice, and I tried to apply but couldn't get my username. So finally, after being accepted to UNMC College of Nursing in Omaha and being waitlisted for Regis, I gave CU my final attempt and am sooooo happy I got in!!! I was supposed to be moving to Omaha on Tuesday to start my program there on the 22nd! Crazy close call! Congrats and I look forward to meeting you!
- Hi there! I am also a non-traditional student and will be in the traditional program Spring 2012. I have been a stay at home mom for 20 years. I completed all my pre-reqs at a local community college and graduated with an AA degree and also just got my CNA license as well. I am so excited to be in the program and am trying to keep busy until January!! Looking forward to meeting you both!
- Aug 19, '11 by lkk0718rs0824 - I'm excited to be meeting someone closer to my age. I'll be 47 next week. If you are on facebook here 's my link. http://www.facebook.com/lkanayama. I'd love to get together before school starts if you've got the time.
lindsaylat - i'd love to add you to my facebook too.
- I just facebooked you...I'll be 47 next Wednesday!
- Aug 19, '11 by lindsaylatHey Ladies,
I just wanted to check with you to see if you all had heard of any requirements we need to fulfill right now (other than the tuition deposit)? I have gone onto the MyUCDaccess page and it says to "claim your status" but I don't know how since when I click on it, all it says is we'll receive notice of when we need to do things. What have you heard?
- Hey there - I know what you know. I sent my deposit in right away, but have not received any notifications. I will let you know when I do!
- Aug 20, '11 by lkk0718Same here. Sent in my deposit and am anxiously awaiting more materials.
- Aug 26, '11 by jenny :)Hey everyone! I sent in my deposit also and I haven't heard anything yet. I haven't seen the check reflected in my account either. So now I'm wondering if they received it....any one else in the same boat?