Applied to CU Nursing, BSN Traditional, Summer 2013 startRegister Today!
- by shanhend Oct 12, '12Just seeing who has applied to the CU Nursing traditional program for a summer 2013 start. Has anyone been asked for an interview yet? I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=791752©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 14,498 Views
- Oct 12, '12 by lisha4113Hey Shannon,
I called last week to check on some transcripts and was told that emails for interviews will be sent out by the 25th of October. They will not start reviewing until after the cycle closes on the 15th.
But, I also got an email in response to the problem I was having with the transcripts saying that we will receive -by mail- our acceptance in November.
Good Luck to you!
- Oct 13, '12 by cody123123hi there!I also received an email from CU that interview email invitations would be received by oct. 25. best of luck to all of you fellow applicants
- Oct 14, '12 by CD2012Hi Shannon
I also applied for that same term, but I applied for the accelerated route. I received an email about the interviews they would be doing, and that they will notify those selected for interviews by Oct 25th. I have not received an email for an interview yet, either. Hopefully Lisha is right in that they will begin reviewing after tomorrow (the 15th) and will begin sending emails for interviews. I'm wondering though....if you don't get an email about an interview is there still a chance you were accepted but they just didn't ask you for an interview? I doubt this, but am curious...CU is so new to interviewing for the nursing program (they only started in the last cycle!). I had also heard (and read on CU's website) that they will notify all applicants of their decision by December, not November. Very confusing! My other thought is more about the accelerated vs traditional route. I had read that if you don't get into the accelerated track they can still admit you to the traditional track. Does anyone know more about this? If anyone out there has any additional info, we would all appreciate it!
Thanks and good luck everyone!
- Oct 14, '12 by kerleigh722CD2012,
I am finishing up my undergrad at CU right now, and am applying for the accelerated program for my second time. I didn't even get an interview last time (and did at other schools). If you don't get an email, you will receive a rejection letter in the mail. And yes they will let you know of your acceptance between Nov and Dec. If you don't get accepted into the Accelerated track you are considered for the traditional. Hope that helps!
- Oct 15, '12 by CD2012Thanks so much, Kerleigh, I appreciate it! Were you considered for the traditional route when they rejected you for the accelerated route? Also, when did you receive your mailed rejection? I've heard that a lot of people have to apply twice at CU for any kind of medically-related program (PA, PT, med, etc)...super frustrating. I'm just trying to plan my life a bit so it'll be nice to know a timeline.
- Oct 15, '12 by kerleigh722I saw on another thread, actually, that people were getting interviews so once that week or so passed I knew I was rejected. I can't remember exactly when I received it but it didn't take long. Also, there is only 1 traditional start and 2 accelerated starts. So since there wasn't a January traditional we were only considered for the accelerated. Hope that makes sense. My advice for anyone is to apply for as many programs as possible and keep your options open! And know that if you don't have a 4.0 for CU in undergrad plan to apply again... Just to be realistic!
- Oct 16, '12 by Colorado HopefulHello all! I am also applying again for the second time. I did get an interview last time, but was put on the call list and never got a call. I'm hoping for a better outcome this time! I applied to traditional.
- Oct 16, '12 by shanhendQuote from shanhendThanks for all the responses! I guess now the waiting begins. Good luck!Just seeing who has applied to the CU Nursing traditional program for a summer 2013 start. Has anyone been asked for an interview yet? I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!
- Oct 18, '12 by CD2012Well the application has been closed for a day or so now...any word for you guys yet? I'm thinking I won't get in this round, my GPA probably isn't up to the CU standards.