Applied to CU Nursing, BSN Traditional, Summer 2013 start - Page 9Register Today!
- Dec 9, '12 by bird8@SuebNP - u have to accept within 4 wks of your acceptance & they were totally chill about my telephone interview - good luck !!
- Dec 9, '12 by luce8888Does anyone know when in June the program begins?
- Dec 20, '12 by PaytonJaneI believe the program starts the first week of June.
I have no idea how you got that 60-70K number for cost! The total cost of the program was estimated by the school to be around $32K.
- Jan 2 by TanjuchaleHi everybody,I was placed on the call list for the 2013 traditional program and got a call yesterday. I am so grateful, as this was very unexpected. Now I am wondering if anybody has an idea of what a nursing students schedule could look like?i have been staying home with my now 2yr old so I just want to get an Idea of what to expect?I am very exited to have been offered this spot after all
- Jan 2 by PaytonJaneCongrats on your acceptance! That's awesome! I'm in the exact same position - I'm staying home with my 2 year old and I need to figure out if she will need to be in part time or full time care. I plan on calling them in the next day or so and I'll come back here to share what they tell me.
- Jan 2 by TanjuchaleThanks PaytonJane, also I am glad to hear about someone else doing this with a toddler!
- Jan 4 by asthecrowfliesHi all,
I had posted before about being accepted to the traditional pathway, although I had applied for accelerated. I received a phone call yesterday that an accelerated spot had opened up. They offered me the spot and I accepted it (meaning I also freed up my traditional spot as of today). Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to those waiting for a call!
- Jan 8 by PaytonJaneCongrats Asthecrowflies!!!!
Tanjuchale, I heard back from CU. It appears we will be in class from 8-1 at least 3 days a week, we will have a 5-hour lab once a week, and scheduled time in the sim lab every week as well. They basically said that clinicals will be scheduled whenever, wherever. The message I got is that we will be occupied 5 days a week, maybe more. Based on that I will have to opt to do full-time care for my daughter, as opposed to part time. They do not suggest anyone works more than 20 hours a week in any other jobs while in the program.
- Jan 8 by TanjuchaleOk thanks, PaytonJane for finding that out. I also have looked at full time day care with some sort of preschool for the little one I luckily don't work so one less worry there...
- Jan 10 by leafleafHi PaytonJane,
I was also curious about the schedules... The info you got, is it for summer or fall?
I have two kids, and trying to find out what to do for the summer because they'll be on break. Also when I looked at the academic calender, there are 8-week course and 10-week course. Do you know which course we will be on? Just wondering when we finish the summer class... Thanks!