Starting Colorado BSN program in 2012
- 0Apr 1, '10 by orchid09Is there anyone on this forum who is wishing to start a BSN program in 2012 in CO?
I thought it might be nice to have a forum where we can all share our experiences with pre-reqs, applying, etc.
I'm crossing my fingers that I can get all my pre-reqs done by Dec. 2010 so that I can apply by June of 2011.
What classes are you taking?
Where do you plan to apply?
- 1,936 Visits
- 0Apr 2, '10 by lkk0718Looks like I'll be in that club. I'm going to finish my pre-reqs in Fall of 2011 and apply in April 2011. I'm a non-traditional student. I worked in the corporate finance world for many years and have a Bachelor's degree in accounting. I'm 45 with 2 kids and a husband. My GPA for my Bachelor's was 2.87 but with A's in all of my pre-reqs (plus Human Nutrition, Dev Psych, Statistics) - I'm expecting to bring it up to a 3.07. It just meets the minimum so I'm hoping that I can write a really good essay.
I'm also taking a CNA class this semester. I'm hoping to start work as a CNA this summer so I can the include that my essay.
I live in Colorado and don't plan on moving to attend another school. So, if CU doesn't work out, I guess I'll try Metro or Denver School of Nursing. Regis is a little out of my price range. I'd also consider going to Community College of Denver for their ADN program. So far, I've been pretty impressed with their CNA program.
- 0Apr 6, '10 by ANM88I am hoping to start a BSN program in 2011, (or 2012) if I don't get in on the first round. I am finishing my pre-reqs this summer and will be applying this Fall to CU Denver and Regis. I've been following the threads on the other topics about applying to CU Denver, and I found it helpful reading people's stats about GPA, experience etc. and whether or not they got into programs they applied for. It made me realize just how competitive it is! Which is a bit scary...
- 0Apr 7, '10 by orchid09Quote from ANM88I completely agree it is so helpful when people post their stats! Although...it has made me a bit more scared for the competition.I am hoping to start a BSN program in 2011, (or 2012) if I don't get in on the first round. I am finishing my pre-reqs this summer and will be applying this Fall to CU Denver and Regis. I've been following the threads on the other topics about applying to CU Denver, and I found it helpful reading people's stats about GPA, experience etc. and whether or not they got into programs they applied for. It made me realize just how competitive it is! Which is a bit scary...
Are you applying for the accelerated or the traditional programs?
Where are you completing your pre-reqs?
- 0Apr 7, '10 by ANM88I think I am going to apply for the Accelerated programs at CU Denver and Regis. I am debating right now whether to finish my prereqs this summer or to spread them out and finish in the fall. I am currently a senior at Colorado State and will be graduating in December so I'm trying to fit in the prereqs and my other classes I need to take for my major.
Where is everyone else applying to?
- 0Apr 10, '10 by jjhc2006Hello everyone! My family and I are relocating from California to Colorado and I am having an extremely difficult time deciding what school I should attend for nursing . I have all prerequisites needed for a bachelors completed including anatomy, physiology, microbiology, chemistry, and statistics to name a few. The three schools I am considering are Denver School of Nursing, Concorde Career College, and Community College of Denver. I am really interested in Community College of Denver, but am not finding a lot of information about it on allnurses. I know their NCLEX pass rate was only 78% for 2009 so I am not very impressed with that...especially since the school I was planning on attending here in Cali has a 98% pass rate. But, I like the idea of CCD because they are accredited. Also, I am wondering if any of you could let me know what the schedule is like for all three colleges. I have two kids and will have no family around to help me with them unless my parents fly in to help me out which they say they will. Anyhow, any help you guys can give me is gratefully appreciated! Thanks!