Please help on obtaining a Colorado License!Register Today!
- by ChocoholicNurse Apr 29, '12My husband and I have been planning ("dreaming") about moving to Colorado (Springs) for the last 3 years. We have a couple of friends there and completely fell in love with it. I know the market is saturated, but with 5 years of med/surg and 4 years of Urology clinic, plus my connections there I feel like I shouldn't have TOO much of a hard time finding a job. We would both take pretty much anything to get us out there and started..(we don't have kids).
My question is, how do I go about getting a license before we move? I went on the CO board of nursing and checked out the application, from what I understand, you either apply for the license and LOSE your FL one, or apply for a temporary/4 month license that you cannot get again, and hope to God that you find a job within that time period. FL is not a compact state..
Any help knowledge would be greatly appreciated
- 2,054 Views
- Apr 29, '12 by darlinkThe application for licence by endorsment is pretty straight forward. There is nothing about giving up your florida licence. The temporary license is issued so you can work until your permanent one comes through.
Why don't you look into getting a travel nurse job there. Then you can get paid housing and help with moving costs and then you are not locked into staying at the job if you don't like it but you have time to see what else is there.Last edit by darlink on Apr 29, '12
- Apr 30, '12 by ChocoholicNurseThank you for replying! I have thought about that but it seems more difficult than just making the move all together you know? I'll talk to my friend who has been traveling for a while hopefully things will work out like they're supposed to...
- Apr 30, '12 by traumaRUsMoving to CO Nursing Forum. Good luck with the move.
- Apr 30, '12 by ChocoholicNurseQuote from traumaRUsOk Thank youMoving to CO Nursing Forum. Good luck with the move.